ITF Style Hyungs

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Chazz, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Theres a little more to it that makes it a little more fun than chon ji

2. Holgate

Holgate New Member

I think that's what it is, a bit more variety to it and a bit more movement, makes it more fun.

3. Chazz

Holgate good luck on your test tonight. Let us know how you did and what you advanced to.

4. flyingblackbelt

flyingblackbelt New Member

i actually just learned ul ji, and im really enjoying it as well, its definately my favorite form that ive learned since gwang gae. Mainly beause the moves flow especially nicely but never repeat themselves.

5. Chazz

i'll have to check that one out. Ive never seen it.

6. mattsylvester

mattsylvester One proud daddy!

Bungai applications

I love the locks, throws and takedowns you can find in Chon Ji and Sajo Jirugi 1. Bakat Palmok Makgi is an amazing tool in your arsenal.

7. RickPyz

RickPyz New Member

My favorite is Po Eun. It has a great flow and pace. However, I'll always have a sentimental attachment to Toi Gye because the sequence of W shaped blocks was a killer to learn.

8. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Argh! Po-eun was a killer to learn for me..... I'm rather dyslexic ... having to learn movements going towards the right and then towards the left somehow was very difficult. It is a good form though ... very dynamic.! :)

9. Mark Davies

Mark Davies Valued Member

I love the 3rd degree patterns Sam-Il, Yoo-Sin & Choi-Yong. They are all great patterns to perform. I have to say though my fave pattern for performing has always been Gae-Baek.

10. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

I don't understand how you can find locks, throws and takedowns in Chon-ji, but I'll always count Hwa-Rang as my all time favourite.

11. taifun

taifun Valued Member

12. carlos

carlos MAP Hoo Flung Dung Expert Supporter

Its in the application of the move. Difficult to explain in words. Chon-Ji is also loaded with pressure point applications.

My favourite to perform is Hwa Rang. It just feels good.

Also Choong Moo - when performed it looks awesome!

13. mattsylvester

14. mattsylvester

Did anyone find the moves good/bad?

Lack of discussion indicates you were all blown away and that you're busy restudying your patterns! Lol. I wish :)