ITF and Chang Hon...Question!

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Spookey, Aug 5, 2005.

1. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

Its in the manuals, just before hwa-rang (Volume 10, page 122).

Its actually between the Additional Techniques and the actual pattern layout (for those that know how the books are laid out)

I presume its there because Hwa-Rang has the rear elbow strike in it, although Im not sure if it would be seen as a senior level type training, it makes sense from the patterns point of view, but as far as the implimentation is concerned, its stuff (rear elbow strike) most learn in 3 step even if not in a pattern til read belt.

So as far as the ITf bible is concerned (1985 edition) it is there - though maybe not in the condensed version.

As a note I teach this in my school, very occasionally as a training exercise, but more so from a knowledge point of view, so seniors know of the whole system up til their grade.

Stuart

2. Spookey

Spookey Valued Member

Many Thanks...

Dear Mr. Anslow,

I appreciate the input, now I dont feel as if im losing my mind!

TAEKWON!
    SpooKeY

3. StuartA

No problem Spooky, your certainly not losing your mind.

It is/was there.. just how relevant it is is really down to the instructors I guess.

Stuart

Ps. Call me stuart!!! (not even sure how you got my surname out of that post anyway LOL.. now that is spooky!)

4. Tetsujin

Tetsujin Valued Member

four direction thrust? watta? TEACH ME!!!!!!!!

5. Spookey

Spookey Valued Member

Mr. Stuart...

Dear Sir,

It's all in the link you dropped at the bottom of your post!

TAEKWON!
    SpooKeY

(P.S. Thanks for all the great clips!)

6. StuartA

Ah! I ddint think anyone actually bother checking out the details.. nice one.

Glad you enjoyed the clips too.. maybe your autograph on the guest book next visit eh!

Regards,

Stuart