It is time

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by tonyv107, May 9, 2011.

1. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

For a new car, I've been looking to get rid of my pickup and im going to buy on of these sexy thangs.

Any other STI lovers on MAP?

Attached Files:

2. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

Not my cup o tea I'm afraid I just bought a Alfa 156 Selespeed Swagon to replace my CLK well mainly for taking the dogs out on the weekend than for me!

Why don't you get a nice second hand SL or E class? ;)

3. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

I do quite like the Mitsubishi evos but I could never own one because of the bloody boy racers :(

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I've never liked them, too many sticky out bits. I'd love the power & handling but the ridiculously short service intervals and price of fuel would always stop me even if I liked them. Another Mercedes lover here although a rs4 could tempt me

5. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

All good suggestions. I'm going for the hatch because I need a way to transport my dog, and I wouldn't want him stinking or scratching up some nice leather =D. As far as gas prices go, Ill be riding to work and at 50-60mpg I'm not worried about that. Also I'm currently driving a truck for work, hopefully I'll get a company truck soon.

6. Moi

Bet you won't get anywhere near that. Thirsty beasts and the temptation to blip that throttle. I think you'll be lucky to get 30mpg, very lucky

7. d0ugbug

I paid £300 for my Alfa 156 full leather nothing wrong with it. I fitted a dog barrier and waterproof carpet in the back for the dog. Gets me 40mpg and some decent style ;)

I recently bought the wife a Megan 06 1.9 diesel chose as a family car for her to go back and forth to work she does around 250-270 miles a week. At the moment £70 last her 3 weeks worth of driving well worth it so far compared to taking the CLK £80 p.w!

8. d0ugbug

I have to agree

9. Moi

I nearly bought a red 156 years ago. Sexy looking car. Got an a6 instead, went with my head not my heart

10. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

By ride I meant my motorcycle =P

11. d0ugbug

Mines a metallic silver / green with a full tan leather interior! Not a bad car does 0-60 in 8 seconds :) Had a 147 before, I just didnt like the Audi.

I really wanted an E class estate but the boss no!

Next event ill bring it up! If I've not bought my SL by then! All I can find is the 350 and its putting me off id rather the 500

12. Moi

Ah so it's a toy? Get it, get it now!

13. Moi

I want a new Merc. White with the black glass panoramic roof and big black wheels :evil: don't think I'll get it anytime soon, don't want to be too far away from my gym to earn any decent money this year.

14. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

Absolutely!!! A toy with the option of transporting my dog. There were no plans to use it as a daily driver. Ideally I'd set up a project car but I don't have a garage for storage which sucks.

15. d0ugbug

Beer, angle grinder and a shed load of confidence (beer) ill put a panoramic roof in your current one. No charge

16. Moi

Perfect time to get one. Fuel must have lowered the price of beasts like this.

17. d0ugbug

What would you restore or build up? Why don't you look for a part finished project loads of deals around before summer crops up! I bought a TR7 that only needed a re-spray and interior

18. Moi

I saw that on FB. Why? (needs a rover v8)

19. d0ugbug

I'm a BIG Triumph enthusiast, plus there arnt many V8 convertibles I can drive around for only £280 a year fully comp insurance ;)

20. Moi

It'd be on classic wouldn't it? TR7 though, golden age of BL :woo:

used to fancy an X19