Is this chi?

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by travelguy90, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

So is this little trick called "breathing" - the noise is uneccessary, except perhaps an "ish, ish" noise as you exhale on ,say, a 1-2 combo

2. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

HIYAAAAAA

see all that ch'i that came outta my mouth?

3. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

Its a bit more than just breathing.Try reading the articles on Mr Morris's website.

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

5. Physics 'error' leads to Nobel prize

Man! Are there still many things we have no idea about in Universe?
    Visible matter = 4%

If you can't see it as "they" say... :D

Osu!

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Something like 99% of the KNOWN Universe is still considered unnacounted for, because dark matter has not been proven yet.

7. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Is it possible for something to be 'known' yet at the same time 'unaccounted for'?

On the face of it, it sounds paradoxical. Unless these are technical terms which mean a different thing to physisists (sp?) than they do to a layman such as myself.

8. Pretty In Pink

It's generally agreed that it exists to explain the way the galaxies move. But you can't actually hold it, or see it, measure it, or anything like that.

9. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

So it's basically been thought up as a way of filling a large gap which would otherwise simply be labelled 'NO IDEA ABOUT THIS BIT'?

10. Pretty In Pink

Nah, it's more like the ideas we have about gravity (back a few pages in this thread). Through mathmatics and astro physics, there is a lot of stuff to support the argument for dark matter, so therefore it's likely to be real. Same as gravity.

Please don't bring up Chi again.

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

It worries me that you say that gravity is only 'likely' to be real. I depend on it on a daily basis.

I wouldn't dream of it. I'm finding it hard enough to understand all this physics without mentioning chi!

12. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

it's almost a microcosm of conciousness, beingness being supported by it's own antithesis, throughts wrapping around shunyata to form the ego blanket.... gravity and stars interacting with each other to form the gravity fabric.

13. Pretty In Pink

Haha! Ever heard the Zen saying "If I drop a stone, there's always a chance it will float to the ceiling?

14. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

We know that under repeated observation the universe we perceive acts as though our theories about gravity are accurate. There is, as yet, no violation of these observations that we are aware of. The simplest explanation of this is that the theory of gravity is correct and the universe does work this way, so this is the one we subscribe to. This does not, however, prove that gravity exists or that it accords to our theories and so research into it and observations will continue. There is no way to prove that our theories are right, simply lots and lots of evidence to support them.

15. Hummmmm........... wondering about causes and consequences... eggs and hens...
    and why would the universe care about what Little bunny rabbit has on his mind today...

Osu!

16. Pretty In Pink

I care, he can explain these things better than me :)

17. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

It doesn't care what anyone thinks, but it's okay, you're welcome to go on believing that it's turtles all the way down.

18. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Assigning anthropomorphic behaviors to inanimate objects is part of the problem.

Gravity, the force that pulls things together, is a fact. Our explanation for how it works is a theory.

I think it was Einstein who said something like we are trying to describe the inner workings of a watch without opening it. Even if we come up with an idea that explains all of its behaviors it doesn't mean that's how it really works.