is there a book ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by freespirit, Feb 28, 2004.

1. freespirit

freespirit spirit of the free

Is there a good book with a good basic outlook on the art of dim-mak kind-a- like a dim-mak for dummies book and if there is, does anyone know where i can get one ?
    :cool: :D :Angel:

2. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

Fat chance...

Wait a minute! There it is next to Neuro-Surgery for Dummies ;).

3. freespirit

lol, you never know

4. Relosa

Relosa New Member

I don't think anyone who understood Dim-Mak would write a book about it.
    But there are books about accupuncture/pressure and pressure points, along with Ying Yang theory and five elements. Then after oh, say fifty years of training you could start to apply dim-mak, well pretend to apply it 'cause you'd end up killing some one if you did apply it.

5. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Dim Mak books

The Encyclopedia of Dim Mak by Erle Montague (Paladin Press) is one of the most Comprehensive I have ever seen, including Set-ups, Angles, Cures to strikes, cause and effect etc.

It's 60 Dollars retail plus postage from Paladin Press, but as the exchange rate is nearly two dollars US for One Sterling, that'll only be about 35 quid.

I will review it on my website, but haven't finished reading it yet-it's very in-depth and not really for dummies. Erle Montague has done a few others.

6. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

I look forward to that sokklab.

7. freespirit

thankyou, i will have a look

8. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

Dim Mack for Dummies: Touch yourself here.....AAAAHHH, *gurgle* *cough* *silence* :eek:

9. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

check montague's website, I downloaded a PDF from there sometime last year. It is just locations of points nohting about how to (ab)use them.

10. Xio

Xio Controlled Chaos

Do a search on google and you'll find lots off books on dim-mak. most of 'em are pretty dear though.

/Xio

11. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Update. I've had the book 'Encyclopedia of Dim Mak' by Erle Montague for an age now.

I received it for review on my website months ago and it's been sat in the huge pile of dvds, books etc that i've been working my thru and reviewing.

Needless to say, without going into whether Dim Mak exists, is for real, works in a real fight etc, the book, is excellent and the most authoritive I have seen on the subject. Jam packed full of Cause and effects, indications, contra-indications etc etc. A real Tome.

I'll review it within the next couple of weeks.

Most of the 'best' books on Dim Mak are by Erle Montague and Dr Michael Kelly, Paladin Press have published a lot.

Goto www.paladin-press.com to view their catalogue.