is the dan tien real?

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by gt3, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dybamo Jack

Dybamo Jack Banned Banned

Its not as simple as that, otherwise the knowledge would already be in your hands.

For this can be weaponized. there are very good reasons why the people who already know and have known this for a very long time do not share it. something as dangerous in the hands of say the united states military or the knowledge thereof of where it came from does not need to happen indeed they like any sane person shouldn't want them to. this comes a lot from the typical fashion of something beneficial to humanity being made and somehow it ends up in the hands of armed forces or censored by them.

You may call this thread necro. but then ask if you who are biologically indistinguishable from it are meaningless as this is always and always has been a biological age old fact of the potential of this organ be it physical(or ethereal. hard to say, they pretend in the first world this part of the body doesn't exist) or more simply, its for all time.

Like some have said on this thread- which matters indefinitely for important reasons acknowledged or not) you may not believe me no matter what proof I show you. much less for the reasons being so few in explanational terms, but following that up even if you do is at least ten times as more difficult.

THAT last bit being provable though and so the topic of discussion here, like ive mentioned though; its not that simple as merely revealing or, or giving every bit of information I know immediately.

From the theory maligned or theorized without censor to the last detail, and in practicality, it should be obvious to any outsider who cares a shred about attaining knowledge or things they don't understand that this is so important, and taking this next part into careful consideration so potentially dangerous, its a matter an entire culture would rather not have repeated again.

That is the reason why its not shared and remains to you a theory. they do not want armies of people going at it again over trinkets and who gets to be on top. this was meant to be something to be shared even free people, not end up in the hands of individuals who have only their selfish interests in mind.yet as certain people who already know this don't want to be the policemen of the world and because such a decision could mean all out war keeping the details short to why and how of course, many feel humanity isn't ready for this. not as a species anyway.

Sometimes they open up and some like you and I are allowed in into vast knowledge that tends to always surround this part of the body.but as quickly as this becomes a career advancement opportunity in life, its as quickly shut.

because if it was as simple as telling you, so would be accepting other hard and painful to understand subjects that are regularly denied and allowed to plague the entire world, factually historically. more than anything, this part of our story does not sit well with certain peoples. me included. theres those of us who have taken this a step further and were on the path to making the practicality of things related to the dantien a reality. these people are either bought out or never heard from again due to the decision cast on their lives by some who don't want to play nice. the latter's storys of desperation have been ignored by us, by you. the guilty unpunished in their crimes and allowed to keep doing what they do. and so went with them their work as importantly.

I do not agree that it needs to be censored. however the rules sadly have already long been made many times ago, many tries and many failed attempts that left many dead. rigidity is not the answer to any of this, so a lot goes left unchanged unsolved and unfair. but I don't make up the rules. that's not to say im not closed to discussing this after sharing all that.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  2. The Iron Fist

The Iron Fist Banned Banned

Ah are you are one of those mystics who wrongfully assails science and reason in a quest to mystify and promote "secret society" and presumably "sacred transmission" of hidden powers of the body? If that is the case, entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem, and your argument is invalid :) I can point to many other cultural and religious references to prove your arguments are not founded in anything but cultural pseudo-babble, but I consider myself a gentleman scholar and will only bother if you troll us further!

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Yeah but can you do this?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmwkOIDKHww"]Simon's Incredible Chi - YouTube[/ame]

4. Dybamo Jack

I would like to introduce you to part of the large thorn in why this information remains only a theory to us mostly as a species and why we receive no manufactured benefit from this at all. you almost soley have people like that to thank.

That said, Its meaningless what someone who would rather plug their ears do to promote nihilance. short of rising above people like that as a species and becoming a culture who(carefully) seeks knowledge rather than the statements of ignorance and certain(not all) material greed, one way or another sometime a rude awakening is going to happen because not enough people bothered to seek higher purposes, like wanting topsoil instead of the stars.

5. Simon

Are you any relation to this guy?

A quick Google search shows up loads of stuff on Dynamo Jack, most of it from what I can see is fraudulent.

http://martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1074784065

6. Dybamo Jack

You have my answer right above your post.

Excuse the spelling error in name btw. I didn't miss where a name-spell-correct function was needed though.

7. The Iron Fist

Are you a software or spam bot of some sort? What looks like paragraphs and sentences in conjunction...is in actuality an oddly collated mass of nonsensical statements, and I doubt it's due to a linguistic difference between us, otherwise you'd have written much less and tried to make more sense. "Nihilance"? "Stars instead of topsoil"? That's what I meant by "pseudo-babble", but I won't call you "brother" because I believe you are a program spewing random sentences without theme or structure. I will have no challenges discussing EITHER the dantian or the cultural antiquity that produced it, but something tells me you are (if indeed a human), will be very challenged in both areas.

8. Dybamo Jack

Its called an anagram.

I picked one and that's how its staying. many could be used. seeking dirt instead of coins. carbon dioxide instead of oxygen. temporary wealth instead of sharing with the needy.

You disprove nothing for a reason. you can deny and deny some more. simply, you don't know. see a few quotes above for your answer.

9. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

That's not an answer , it's a number of words put together to look like a post.

10. Dybamo Jack

I could repeat past comments about nihilance, but itd look like repeat spam.

You talk like your owed an answer when your not. for very specific reasons. and if I am a virtual spam bot then consider me a higher life form because simplistic denial is giving the flat earth argument once again. at least I refuse to abandon an open mind.. oh and by the way seeing is believing.

Some need the answers rather than deserving it. they know what to say and when. unlike yourself.

11. The Iron Fist

No that's not an anagram. You picked something that was not an anagram, so you don't know what an anagram even is. I'm beginning to think you don't really know what a "dantian" is either. I know more about "dantian" than you do, and more about Chinese history too, in just a couple posts I explained the dantian and how the Chinese conceptualized it and you're trying to muddy the waters, brother.

I still think you're a troll, a bot, or worst of all, a "Chi master". I fear none of these. :woo:

12. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

You're about this convincing

Attached Files:

13. The Iron Fist

Please don't sir. "Nihilance" is not a word, and you're misspelling "you're" by using "your". I'm not sure where you think your authority to lecture us comes from, brother, but it's sure not science OR Chinese theory or even basic rules of English grammatical contractions or anagrams. Also, because I serve only to speak truth and never subscribe to "nihilance" whatever that is according to you, this is an anagram:

[​IMG]

14. Dybamo Jack

Tell yourself whatever if it brings you box-like comfort. twiddle your lower lip, play a banjo- it certainly wont bring you anything else from me or anyone else. im done wasting time even letting this on to you two.

15. Simon

Okay guys, let's call a halt to this silliness.

I'm too tired to be checking this every few minutes.

Let's talk in plain English, not in riddles.

Dybamo Jack, you're not a higher life form, but if you want to be fired into outer space, you just carry on with the nonsense and you'll get your wish.

Your call.

16. Simon

Thread re-opened.

Let's continue, but answering the original question please.

17. The Iron Fist

Since Simon the Moderator asked us I will pretend for now that you are a lost, misguided, or poorly taught "student of the dantian" and I will only engage with you academically and avoid critiquing your grammar, spelling, logic, references, riddles, and trolling. Fair enough? The reason I believe you add multiplicity to the idea of "dantian" is because quite frankly you've been handed it in that format, like many before you. You protect it as if it were a great secret treasure. But it is not a great secret, except in the historical and cultural sense. If anything it is one of the most popularized and some might argue, misconstrued concepts of Chinese culture (along with "Chi"). It can be thought of as a treasure of sorts, but only in the most simplistic terms. Now I will not spend a lot of time unraveling the layers upon layers of Confucian compartmentalization and socio-religious cult practices that resulted in you receiving the idea of "dantian" wrapped in secret mysticism practices of the greater Sinosphere (which as the term says are sinocentric in nature and thus, biased) but I will definitely defend the assertion that once those layers are removed, the "dantian" is not mystical or magical or "secret", and the science of the dantian is not a separate study but indeed the science of basic human anatomy and biomechanics.

To argue from your perspective: that anatomy or biomechanics alone cannot explain or account for "dantian" is to essentially claim it is metaphysical, and of course science cannot explain the metaphysical, thus you demand others to concede their point. Again though, and let me press the point home: there is no need to rely on the metaphysical to explain "dantian". Before the Chinese called it "dantian", they knew of it and could describe it as a physical phenomenon. Later they gave it a name (in fact, many names). Thus, any experienced gymnast's "dantian" is far more developed than yours or mine and without question most martial artists (I'd love to see you try the balance beam!), and I guarantee you it will be a rare gymnast who has either the need or inclination to study ancient Chinese theory to understand why that is. With so many arts and professions heavily utilizing the strength of the "lower dantian", I find it ironic only martial artists spend time theorizing about it or adding unnecessary multiplicities...Occam applies to martial arts as well!!! :)

18. Simon

I think we're done here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.