Is my punch effective?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Lennert, Apr 30, 2005.

1. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I've just gotten finished reading how you defeated five guys Lennert. Taking two of them out with punches. If that's true, I don't think you have a whole lot to worry about.

Of course, if it's not true, then posting it on the self defense forum isn't really a fair thing to do.

Stuart

2. sonoftheodore

sonoftheodore New Member

lol I'm not trying to start anything, I'm sure you're very good. I just posted that for conversation, and I want anyone to give me their opinion as well. I like to learn as much as possible from everyone. So sorry for any misunderstanding.

3. Lennert

Lennert Valued Member

It is true, really, I'm not like that..

4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Well if you knocked one guy clean out and broke another guy's nose, then you've probably got a decent punch. Don't you think? I mean it's doing what it was designed to do. (Remember that. It was designed to take people out. Not redecorate your walls.)

5. Lennert

Lennert Valued Member

Haha, you people can't just stop brabling about the wallpunching can ya ;) Well I'll take that for advice once more then..

6. Yuske Urameshi

Yuske Urameshi Valued Member

Don't worry about it. I practice by hitting walls also! The trick is how hard, and how often. (my knuckels look great now btw)

7. Dillon

Dillon Valued Member

If I could hit something like a brick wall full bore and not hurt myself, I would wonder how strong my punches were as well, since it's obviously not strong enough to break my own hands.

8. [T][K][D]

[T][K][D] Valued Member

perhaps you guys should consider the speed of your punches and co-ordination as well as your ability to ruin your fists ^^..after all..strength isnt everything.

9. Dillon

Dillon Valued Member

Strength is how you get speed. The stronger you are the faster you can accelerate your mass, which determines how hard you hit.