Is masterbating sinful?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Shrukin89, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

The thread title does sound ridiculous, I found a couple searches about it. I ended up getting a mixed bag of replies.

For one reason that it's sinful, is because that it is related to lust, which is 1 of the deadly sins. Second, that even thinking in your mind of who or what you are masterbating to is a sin.

I find it a little strange that some think it's a sin, because how can it be? It's not like you are going to go up to somebody and have sex with them. With masterbating you get over that sexual desire or temptation.

Anyway I don't believe that there is sin, so I shouldn't have to worry about it. Besides it's natural that a man does have a larger sex drive than the woman.

I'm not trying to be a pervert you know. :p

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Shru.... out of everyone at MAP... you always give me the creeps with your threads.:eek:

On top of that your logic is out of wack. Seriously... go back and read what you posted. :rolleyes:

3. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

My logic is out of wack. Didn't you know? :p

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

:Angel:

Ok, someone had to do it... Aaaanyway.

I only really know the Catholic view on it (and I'm not catholic, so correct me if I'm wrong here) but the view is that semen should only be used in procreation. Masturbating is essentially wasting a potential human life, and therefore a sin.

I believe there may be some reasoning to seeing it as carrying out sinful/lustful thoughts too.

Attached Files:

5. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

Okay so from when I started masterbating at age 12 toooo right now at age 20. At 2 times a day....

365*8*2+2= 5,846

The plus 2 is the leap years. :p

I think that's why I don't believe in sin so I don't have to face the 5,846 years and counting of torment!! :eek:

Nooo I love the kittens!!!

Noooo I'm catholic tooo!!!!

6. slipthejab

Shru.... seriously... do you think anyone really wants to discuss your masterbation habits? What is wrong with you? Seriously... get some help.

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean its not true.

God could be watching you right now with a somewhat worn out clicker in his hand waiting to totally smite your ass :D

8. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

Can't I make any jokes in the religion section? You are being way too serious slippy. *Massages your shoulders* it's okay relax. :D

9. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

But there is always forgiveness. God loves us all too. :p

10. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

Doesn't the Bible endorse sexual slavery in parts of the Old Testament?
    I can hardly see how you would consider masturbation sinful from a Christian perspective.

11. Ahmad89

Ahmad89 Agent of Chaos

For the Muslim view on it..........it's sinful.

You think about bad things, fantasize about them, and it can drive you to commit bad things.

12. slipthejab

Not sure how up on your Christianity you are but I'm pretty sure masturbation has always been considered sinful.

13. slipthejab

I've just noticed the weird trend with you.... MAP has become your online confessional.

First it was you using Photoshop to retouch yourself in that photo to be your sister... then it was all your fantasies about Japanese cartoon females... and now it's about masturbation.... coincidence?

I think not. :rolleyes:

14. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I thought you didn't believe in sin? From that I gathered you weren't a christian, but the concept of sin and repentance is key to the catholic faith (and many others). I fail to see how you can be a catholic and not believe you can commit sin.

:confused:

15. tetsu ryu

tetsu ryu Death is always a option!

I too have this vexation. But I can mastrubate without thinking of anything sexual with anyone but it is really hard. Mastrubation itself I don't think is a sin, but thinking lustful thoughts IS. Hmm.. I wonder what Adam finally did that was enough to make God decide, "It is not good for man to be alone." The Bible describes it something similar to bestiality. :eek: Anyway.. My point is.. There are worse things you could be doing, and with WAY worse consequences. So by all means BONK AWAY! But whatever you do.. Don't stay in your room and bonk at it all day! Get out and bonk with friends! It's much more fun that way! :D Perhaps my most inappropriate post ever. But it was also one of my most helpful! :D :p

16. slipthejab

great... Testsu Ryu and Shru are now an item.

17. tetsu ryu

Didn't you know? :D hahahah! Nah! I'd much rather have his sister!

18. slipthejab

boom... thread becomes creepier +1

19. tetsu ryu

True.. But at least I didn't shut him down like you did. Everyone does it! Why the hell shouldn't we discuss it openly?! I mean.. It's definitely not a good ice breaker or anything but it is common grounds that most men and women share. I don't find anything wrong with the discussion, especially since he requests it on spiritual terms. :Angel: :p

20. slipthejab

Obviously your reading comprehension is lacking. Go back and read Shru's post. First he questions whether masturbation is sinful and then goes on to state that he doesn't believe in sin. Gee.... no issues there. Then he goes on to talk about his own masturbation habits. Like I said... more about a confessional from Shru than anything else. :rolleyes:

In case you hadn't guessed it. MAP is pretty much a site open to all ages. Duh. So.... while men and women share whatever sexual practices they want... it doesn't mean MAP is the right place to go into details about it... and certainly not about Shru's or your masturbation habits/fantasies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.