is lau gar forms on the net now?

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by oldman, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I started just over 4 years ago really , stopped doing it late last year. MMA is going well :D Not doing muay thai, got more mma classes now, loving the grappling and putting it all together. No such politics with my mma club, really good bunch of guys and excellent teachers.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  2. Mr. O

Mr. O Valued Member

This thread is older than me. Lol

3. Tim T

Tim T Iam Jacks Smirkng Revenge

LOL are you suggesting that wer all going soft in our old age? :)

4. KungFunk

KungFunk New Member

Hi, I'm new to the forum
    Any Lau Gar practitioners still using this site?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  5. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Maybe the question should be... any Lau gar practitioners still doing Lau gar? Seems that a great number of them have left the system :' S

LFD

6. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Yep, there are still some of us knocking about.

7. laugarfist

laugarfist New Member Supporter

8. KungFunk

KungFunk New Member

Good to know

Good to know there are still some.

Was looking at the official Lau Gar DVDs and saw that it only goes up to Brown sash syllabus. Been looking for a video of Bak Pye Jurn, recently got Brown sash and would like some reference for BPJ as I think it could be a tricky set to learn.

Anyone know of any video reference for that Form either online or on DVD? Anyone know if the BKFA have any plans to release the Black Sash Syllabus DVD? I'm guessing it won't be as understandably they wouldn't want to have the whole syllabus available.

9. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

I remember reading somewhere that the black sash DVD would be out later this year. Also read they were going to do upto 6th degree black sash.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  10. EmptyHandGuy

I've just received the first two syllabus DVD's this morning and have watched the first. They are pretty good, though I think they could have put two grades per DVD like they did with the first one for the money they want for them. Like the extras they've included from the summer courses in the past and addition exercises that they have filmed for the DVD's. Mind some one needs to tell John Russell the socks and sandals look just doesn't go :D
    Just ripping them now to stick on my android tablet!

11. KungFunk

KungFunk New Member

So you'd recommend them? Might have to get them then!

Would be great to rip them for my iPhone but I'm not that tech savvy.

12. EmptyHandGuy

There's a great little programme you can download thats free and really easy to use, it's called Handbrake and it will let you rip your dvd's and format the rip to the spec for the iphone with ease. Then you just import to itunes and sync and there on your phone!

13. KungFunk

KungFunk New Member

Thanks - will check it out. And the syllabus DVDs!