is kung fu as effective?

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by iammartialarts, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

Are they Shuai jiao guys?

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

yep that is correct. Powerful and muscular. For some reason this particular section of kung fu never bought into the whole 'muscles make you slower/weaker etc.' that so many in kung fu seem to have gone and run with.

They have grapplers builds. Hard build to beat for athleticism and all around handing peoples asses to themselves. :hat:

3. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

How come so many people who train kung fu forget that kung fu translates as "hard work"?

4. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

Thought so, because:

a) of the aforementioned grapplers physique.

b) those guys are famed for their stone lock training for which you appear to have developed a fascination bordering on the fetishistic :hat:

5. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

6. Humblebee

Humblebee PaciFIST's evil twin

Hey-let's all gang up on one person it'll make us look really tough.:ninja2:

7. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Yep :)

I tell you what you said was irrelevent, I asked how it was relevent. How was it relevent?

Yes, when they were as needlessly rude as you were.

Now thats a complete misquote, I didn't say you weren't welcome here, I said the tone of your post to Slip isn't welcome here. Which it isn't.

8. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

So "Jesus Christ. Is this a martial arts forum or a kindergarten?" is not rude and/or patronizing?

Hate to burst your bubble, but pretending to be high and mighty when you're acting the same way just makes you a hypocrite.

9. geezer

geezer Valued Member

I know this was directed at Slip, but it's probably true of me too. I'll take the bait. What's a kung-fu body? And do the chicks dig it?

Oh nevermind. I just realized that I was a couple pages behind on this thread and this comment has already been given more attention than it deserved.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  10. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

The true central theme in life.. :p
    One which we all fail miserably at because fact is 99.9% of chicks don't dig martial arts. :hat:

11. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

"Kung Fu Body" is also a relative term based on what style/system you are doing.

Everybody has different definitions.

Very different goals for the Hung Kuen guy vs. the Mantis guy.

But basically it's to get buff and be strong, or something along those lines.

But I'm sure there are people just waiting to jump on me for "BEING WRONG" and "NOT KNOWING WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT" because "MUSCLES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH A KUNG FU BODY."

12. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

other than holding it up and making it move (and how fast and strong those movements are) muscles are absolutely irrelevant to a kung fu body!:hat:

13. Metal_Kitty

Metal_Kitty Valued Member

Think about the shaolin monks....most of them are skinny as a rake!

14. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Here's a kung fu body!

[​IMG]

15. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

is cos they be non meat eaters, on top of further restrictive diets

:p

16. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKji-gYex2Y"]YouTube - Fu Zhongwen (1903-1994)[/ame]
    kung fu body :evil:

17. melb

melb Banned Banned

I think maybe he meant muscles as in arnold schwarznegger? (no idea how to spell that) That a kung fu body is not a body builders body..

18. melb

melb Banned Banned

and then I look at earlier posts and realise Im just repeating someine else..

19. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Those arent real Shaolin Monks

20. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Thats because there is a lack of steroids :rolleyes: