Is KSW turning into a sissy art?

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by MACA, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Convergencezone

Convergencezone Valued Member

You are correct, I do not teach as a business and keep my student base very, very small and actually turn people down by refering them to commercial schools when I don't think they would be a good fit for the group (I do it out of my house and get students from Craigslist, so as you can imagine, I am selective -as I want to make sure that a bunch of whack-jobs are not comming over).

Back on topic, though, I think you are correct about advertising , and it is especially going to important to have a good internet presence.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  2. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

If nothing else you certainly are bull headed. :bang: Ok I'll play. So you say my statement reflected a bias toward "a" certain Asian GM. By that you mean Kuk Sa Nim, well of course I'm biased towards my GM. However that particular statement doesn't reflect that. The jist of that conversation was would it be disrespectful for one to use a name of original arts for a new combo style. I feel it is, I'm well aware that that is a sensitive subject for Kuk Sool practitioners. You know as well as I that this is true especially in regard to eastern traditions. I did not call anyone out with that statement but you presumed that I was referring to anyone using "Kuk Sool" in their arts description. Now if the shoe fits... :evil:

This has nothing to do with me worshiping anyone, in fact I don't worship anyone, I'm well aware that Kuk Sa Nim "puts his pant's on one leg at a time" just like you and I. If I blindly followed my GM in that way I certainly wouldn't be here posting on map, right?

That said, "your right" (damn that hurt) perhaps you could read into that post a smidge of contempt, but it was unintended. :cry:

Happy now?

3. Convergencezone

Convergencezone Valued Member

Hmmm...does this mean my "Combat kuk Sool DVD Series" should be re-branded?:evil:

4. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

isnt that teuk gong mu sul?

5. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Perhaps...send me a copy and I'll let you know. :p

6. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

Hey I sit down and put both legs in at the same time, but I have always been a little OFF! Does that mean i have to bow to all you one leggers?:hail::evil:

7. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

No I think maybe that means we should bow to you!:hail:

8. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

Wait a minute... I do that too (i.e. sit down and do both legs at once). :happy:

Note that it only works if sitting on the floor or the bed, it won't work if sitting in a chair (you need to be able to roll onto your back in order to pull your pants all the way up to your hips). :cool:

Now it's YOU who are reading too much into what I've said. I just think that folks should admit to things not always being so black & white, that's all. ;)

9. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

That's cool, I get that. :cool: Thanks for the "Pants on Lesson" and me trying to do that in a chair...face palm. ;)

10. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

Now that's a thought! :evil:

11. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

Blimey, you guys are good. I can't even step into my underpants without quite often stepping on the gusset nowadays!

12. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

Then try going *commando*. :evil: :jester: :banana:

13. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Ba careful you may risk stepping on something else...:cry:

14. Frank colwell

Frank colwell New Member

Was in the last class of testing black belts to test in old school way the next year the testing group 2hours done with a.c. n ceiling fans and they thought it was hard OMG lol

15. Frank colwell

Frank colwell New Member

I was in last testing group at my school to have this kinda test the next year group 2 hours with a.c. n ceiling fans and they thought it was tough OMG lol