is judo just about throws?

Discussion in 'Judo' started by Southpaw535, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

His age might still be a problem.
    Aaron, if it is, I'd at least start with Judo. It's got the throws and groundwork, and is where BJJ came from in the first place. Don't be too reluctant, you said that you're tired of not doing anything.

2. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Chicks dig scars and judo. FACT.

It's science people.

3. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I dont have a massive problem if it is just throws, its a good thing to learn. The mma gym near me is an age problem and we're moving soon after I finish school so I don't want to start for the sake of a few weeks and waste their time. I found a bjj gym thats just opened and from what i gather form my thread about it it's a very good one. On the bright side we're moving to a part of london thats got an urban krav school round the corner. :hat:

4. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

I'm sure if you explained a situation politely, some people would be more than happy to teach you what they can, even for a few weeks. At least, that's what I've found.

5. Southpaw535

The instructor said the same thing but I'd still feel like I'm wasting their time. Anyways the london plans changed to America and i dont fancy it so I'll probably be staying here. Looks like the plans to try my hand at MMA are making a comeback.

6. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

It's their time. If they're willing to spend it with you, for a modest fee of course, then they don't consider it wasted. It certainly won't be wasted for you.

7. Southpaw535

looks lke im staying here so i'll be taking the classes for quite a while now.

8. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Grab every bit of training you can at the moment until you can find a permanent club. It's all just fighting and you'll be surprised how many things cross over from M/A to M/A.
    You'll know more of the sport to be able to evaluate it's effectivness for you in your MMA and you'll get used to contact big time........

............and it's cheap.

9. Southpaw535

Well i can't do my MMA gym until i leave school because of club times and the such, I'd be shattered every friday when i go to school. So i can either wait a couple months till i leave school or I can trin and not go to the wrestling classes. personally I'd rather wait a couple months. I've got the BJJ class on thursday and the Muay thai class you sorted for me when i turn 16. That'll give me a good grounding in my opinion.

10. Moi

I love it when a plan come together!

Attached Files:

11. Southpaw535

you planned it out well. orchastrated the whole thing form your pc

12. Moi

Don't know about that

13. popasmuerf

popasmuerf Banned Banned

Go learn Judo already. It is simply a better base MA than either JJ or BJJ.....and it is CHEAP!!!!!

14. Southpaw535

you try and complement some people....

15. Southpaw535

I think I may well do. But to be honest my BJJ incorprates a fair bit of standing takedown work and such, and I ma take the kung fu class as well. Call me lazy but i don;t really want to juggle three MA's and have school on top of it. It's my last year as well so it's gonna be more homework. (we need a crying smiley)