Is it possible to commit an act against God?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by blackbelt_judoj, Mar 22, 2004.

1. scottsummers

scottsummers Valued Member

Maybe he put them to sleep when the flood came so they would not suffer, and then took their souls to a place where there is no more suffering.

Interestingly, some Christian friends of mine believe that he HAS to be angry at our "sins" because he is the righteous God and "must" enforce justice.
    Although that makes him sound more like a tool of nature and the all powerful creator of everything.

My thoughts would be that there was a flood coming through nature (I don't personally believe that God is omnipotent - everything has limits) and God warned Noah to prepare for it. I'm a bit over some of the Old Testament God's actions, especially pre-Moses.

-I think you are rationalizing things to make yourself feel more comfortable. God didnt put people to sleep when he drowned them. These same people would have never asked forgiveness later on in life, they were just living totally apart from God. Listen to this-if you can sit through it. http://www.marshillchurch.org/audio/Genesis7-1_8-22_111404_driscoll.mp3

2. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

WHAT!?!?!? that is a redundant oxymoron. if he made the CHOICE, it is clearly his FAULT!!!!! God is should be held responsible just like everyone else.

3. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! now you are just making stuff up to be self serving.

OR.....maybe...... he thought to himself "you don't agree with me so i'm going to drown you all you sinful atheist pricks! DIE!!! and then they all drowned, like normal people. and suffered and god damned them all, becuase he is an evil, vengeful kid with a magnifying glass.

4. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

Maybe you should have read his entire message before you made that comment, in which case you would have seen the sarcasm.

5. scottsummers

God has sinned numerous times.

he killed millions of people in the floods. he killed hundred of gays and atheists simply because they don't agree with him!!!! He bold faced lied to a group of people as well.

make up your minds. either there is no god, or god is an evil twisted prick.

pick your poison. "absoltue power corrupts absolutely"
    -God has not sinned. When did he kill hundreds of gays? He didnt kill anyone because they didnt agree with him, he killed them because they were evil and he knew that no matter how long he let them live they would never be anything else and would never follow him. You can follow God and live or you can follow Satan and he will make you kill yourself, slowly and painfully and make you think that you are doing the right thing until its too late. He will confuse you and turn your words against yourself and turn others against you. He will even help you to twist scripture so that it will keep your eyes blinded. When did God lie to a group of people? Never. God is good. Get that in your head. He loves you. Right now. He still loves you even if you dont love him. That is why I chose him over everything else. Why not read the Bible and see if you dont find it to be true? Read the new testament and see how it talks about love, relationships and human existence. It will even explain the feelings you are having right now and where they are coming from and why.

6. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

you see, this is what i'm talking about, you are so brainwashed as to not even fathom questioning god or the bible, what arrogance is that, to be so blinded by your irrational faith that you can't even begin to question the very foundations of the things you commit so entierly to. killing is killing period, there was no system for determining what was and wasn't killing back then. and they were "evil" because they would not follow him. because they thought outside the box, becaue they didn't adheir to his principles, so he killed them. that is sinning anyway you dissect it.

I'm no satan worshipper or anything like that, but it sound like according to you, anyone who dosen't believe in god is evil. I don't need satan to show me the multiple flaws in the bible.

here is where and how Jesus lied:

Lie not one to another. Colossians 3:9

Jesus promised his followers in no uncertain terms that he would soon return in glory and vindication. He vowed to redeem their suffering and to establish the Kingdom of God* on earth.. To heighten their expectations he assured his followers that most of them would live to see all of this come to pass. His failure to do so places Christians on the horns of a serious dilemma.

Jesus’ hollow promises work to seriously undermine his credibility. If the credibility of Jesus is undermined, so is that of the church. If, on the other hand, it is argued that the gospels and Paul reported incorrectly, does that not seriously undermine the credibility of the New Testament? Even if one were to argue that God knowingly inspired the contradictions, errors and broken promises in the New Testament, as have some, why should anyone believe any of its teachings if so much of it could be false?

The following quotes confirm that Jesus deliberately lead his followers into false expectations.

Matthew 10:23 - When giving instructions to his apostles as to just how they are to go about spreading his message Jesus says,." . . . for truly I say unto you, you shall not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes."

Matthew 16:28 - Jesus says to his disciples, "those standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Matthew 24:33-34 - After prophesying a wide assortment of events including the second coming, Jesus said to his disciples, " . . . when you shall see all these things, know that it (the 2nd coming) is near, even at the door. This generation shall not pass till these things be fulfilled." He was obviously referring to the contemporary generation.

Matthew 26:64 - When brought before Caiaphas, the Chief Priest, Jesus said to him, "I tell you, hereafter you shall see the Son of Man . . . coming on the clouds of heaven." According to this the second coming was to happen during Caiaphas' lifetime.

Mark 9:1 - Jesus said to the people and to his disciples, ”Verily I say unto you, that there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Luke 21:27-28 -Jesus said to the congregation, “And then shall they see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.”

Luke 21:32 - Jesus said, again to the congregation, “This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.”

John 18:20 - When being questioned by the high priest, Jesus answered, "I spake openly to the world; I have ever taught in the synagogues and in the temple, and in secret have I said nothing." Here he told two lies. Fir example, the Sermon on the Mount, perhaps his most famous sermon was delivered neither in a synagogue nor in the temple but on a mountain top (Matthew 5:1.) In Matthew 16:20 he warns his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah. In other words, Keep it a secret.

I Thessalonians 4:15-17 - In his first Epistle to the Thessalonians the Apostle Paul told a whopper when he assured the congregation that the second coming of Jesus is very near. " . . . we who are alive, . . . shall not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven . . . and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together . . ."

Revelation 22:7, 12, 20 - Jesus says, "Behold, I come quickly."

there it is people. its direct, not open to interpritation, solid. breathe it in.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2005
  7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Can you put all of those verses in context? Can you do the chronological timeline, for example, and identify what was being discussed with whom in what setting?
    Can you match up the Old Testament references with the Old Testament verses and identify the context of those Old Testament verses?
    Can you cross-reference the verses that you cited with subsequent events in the New Testament, to see how things played out?

I can, and I say in no uncertain terms that you are wrong.

Listen to that little green Yoda: hatred clouds the mind. Your posts present a clear feeling of hatred. It's quite unpleasant to read and it's obviously clouding your judgment.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2005
  8. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i present some facts and thats the best counter you can come up with? "hatred clouds my mind..." does that mean its any less credible?
    does the time line really matter? THINK, if he says that, and then the entire generation dies before he comes back. its STILL VALID.

SHOW ME. Please, prove me wrong, no, prove the author wrong.

9. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

Question for TG: If I can answer this specific question of yours, and show that Jesus did not lie in any of these passages, will you drop your objections to the Gospel, surrender your life to Jesus Christ, and become a Christian?

10. scottsummers

OR.....maybe...... he thought to himself "you don't agree with me so i'm going to drown you all you sinful atheist pricks! DIE!!! and then they all drowned, like normal people. and suffered and god damned them all, becuase he is an evil, vengeful kid with a magnifying glass.
    -just by your comments it is so easy to see that you are mad at God. If you are mad at him it means you wanted at least at one time to believe in him and you feel he failed you. You put words in his mouth that noone would say-"drown all you sinful atheist pricks". See that is not how God thinks at all. He is loving and he wants what is best for everybody. He killed the people in the flood because they would never stop doing the things they were doing and you wouldnt want those people to have family generations today. We might have 5,000 hitlers and then they would have kids. God is not an irrational angry god. He is a jealous God though and he gets jealous whether you serve him or something else just like you would with a girlfriend. That is how close a relationship that he has with his people. The people all died like normal people? Or course they did because they were normal. He is not an evil kid with a magnifying glass. Oh my gosh this is so weird. I used that exact analogy 2 years ago. Exact. That is how i pictured God. It totally separated me from him and I started becoming very afraid, very angry and was about to kill myself. Even Christians can turn away from God at times or feel suicidal or sin just as much as non Christians. Christians are normal just like everyone else. They just have received God's grace. I barely made it out of that time period alive and I did it because God showed me that those things happened for a reason and then my eyes were opened. I realized that Satan had tried to turn me away from God and never come back. What I also realized was that he had not stopped caring for me during those times and he was protecting me even though I didnt realize it. It hurt me to know that I had turned away like that even though he did not. It was like when his own people beat Jesus and he did not fight back and he died specifically for them. He could have killed all of them but he died for them so that he took on their sin as a living sacrifice. If you are patient and open yourself up you will realize that all this hate is coming from somewhere. Why would you be so angry at someone you didnt believe in? That doesnt make too much sense. It would not affect your attitude at all. I dont get angry about bhudda or krishna or Joseph Smith. You know why you have that hate, it is because Satan is trying to destroy your life and he wants your soul. he doesnt want you to find out the truth which could be right around the corner and that is why you are feeling so much internally is because you are fighting a spiritual battle for your soul which is larger and more important than anything in the physical right now. I will pray that God shows you he is good and unveils the truth to you so that you can know he is good and has been there for you all along.

,Travis

11. jujitsuka07

jujitsuka07 Body by Pizza Hut!

Yeah, what "scottsummers" said.

Tekkengod, these are some quotes by "scottsummers":

"You know why you have that hate, it is because Satan is trying to destroy your life and he wants your soul. he doesnt want you to find out the truth which could be right around the corner and that is why you are feeling so much internally is because you are fighting a spiritual battle for your soul which is larger and more important than anything in the physical right now. I will pray that God shows you he is good and unveils the truth to you so that you can know he is good and has been there for you all along."

"If you are patient and open yourself up you will realize that all this hate is coming from somewhere."

"All these questions are answered in there and that is the only reason I can answer your questions, because i read the Bible."

Tekkengod, I have read what "scottsummers" has written. I agree with him. It would be wise to listen to such godly council as this. Tekkengod, God says: "You will seek Me, and find Me, when you seek Me with all of your heart.". Part of the reason that you do not understand is that you are afraid to believe, afraid to understand, if I may put it that way. And I say that out of love. Many, many, many people either are where you are, have been where you are, or will be where you are. The Gospel message is an offensive one, yes, but when we come to the point where we are willing to believe, that's when God can do a work in our lives. And if we become a Christian, God will reveal many of these things to us!

12. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

absolutely not, but it would certainly be a step in the right direction, because i would have one less piece of evidence to throw around, so if you can prove that wrong, without a shadow of a doubt and not pull the "parables" i'll admit defeat and move on to the next.

13. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

I think you assume too much.

that may have been true at one point, but that point has long sense passed.

and you know this because you and only you are privilaged enough to know his exact and entire thinking patterns in all their complexity?
    exactly, jealous. and if i recall jealousy isn't exactly a positive thing.
    for now, i will view god, if he exists, as a kid with a magnifying glass, given all the people hes killed and all the horrific wars, hatred, death and tortue that he is directly responsible for. Hate is simply a human emotion, nothing more, where do you see hate? my anger is complex and is on many levels.
    so i've been fighting a spiritual battle for the last 5 years?!?! ok.....sure....

I suppose i should say thank you for all the prayers and offers of redemption considering the intent behind them.

i want to make sure every body saw my proof on the last page, if any one want to actually admit being wrong, or try and prove me wrong, feel free.

14. scottsummers

15. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

16. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

That's the wrong attitude to have. You've just said that the pursuit of truth doesn't matter to you, that you don't really want to give God a chance, that you are actually here just to argue against certain individuals for the mere sake of arguing against them, that you have no interest or desire in learning something new.

That attitude deserves no response, but I'll give you one to prove my point: The Matthew 16:28 statement was fulfilled six days later in the very next chapter.

17. scottsummers

18. jujitsuka07

jujitsuka07 Body by Pizza Hut!

scottsummers, it's kinda hard to tell when you are quoting. If you quote someone, please make it more obvious. :)

19. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

no, thats not what i said, i said, that if i was proved wrong, i'd accept it, admit it and move on to my next piece, when all the pieces of evidence are disproven to or for religion. then i will A. have learned something, B. have a new outlook.

show me, show me this fulfillment, so you are saying that jesus died, was ressurected, ascended to heaven, and then descended again and stayed for good passing judgement on that generation? you may have confused that with something he said before leaving.

20. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

I do desire for him to show himself, but he dosen't.
    I'll look into those sites a bit later tonight.
    then there was the story of that guy. {maybe it was job?}
    where god killed his family and had him robbed and gave him the plauges. just to prove a point to satan. THAT is screwed up and its things like that, along with bold faced lying, that should worry you and make you question him a bit more.
    again, i say you need to go watch Kingdom of Heaven. it shows how horrific this whole debate over whos religion is the right one can be, and how it can warp peoples thinking process and personality entierly. I implore you to go see it.