iPhone Wars

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by LilBunnyRabbit, Nov 24, 2011.

1. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

2. lorenzodamarith

lorenzodamarith Project: Chaos!

hello,

the parting shot here is priceless:

"Will Apple's hipster-chic bite it in the ass?"

where else would it bite "it"?

yep. the apple branding has been sacrosanct until now. maybe this is just the kick in the face apple needs?

thanks

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

lol... either side are knuckleheads who tie up their identity with some brand they have absolutely zero control over. The price that iPhones are going for I refuse to pay. I spend enough time on the net... is anything I do here sooooooooooo important that I need to do it from my phone? (don't answer that!) I think not!

Samsung is no big winner either... had a few Samsungs and their OS and GUI were so stupid I chucked it in the drawer and went back to a pre 3G phone for a bit (did you catch all the acronyms)... No doubt there will be plenty of knobbers in heavy frame glasses with beards saving their frappucino money to buy the dumb things. Here in HK people camped out overnight on a bridge to get them. Morons.

Apples design and branding have been good in many ways. Ask anyone who remembers the era of putty beige PC's in box shape designs. Ugh. But now it's gone the other extreme so backlash inevitable.

4. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Speaking of, I've got an iBridge to sell you. :D

5. slipthejab

Who knows.. maybe it was always the same... but people seem obsessed with owning rather than making or doing. As if having the iPhone (or other bits for that matter) make the man. It's hard to be impressed when every snot-nose 12 year old who will grow up to be a hopelessly inept social fool has one. I can look around the trains and literally every person will have an iPhone or some type of touchscreen doo-dad... but how many have read a book recently or could discuss in depth a good film or for that matter draw a picture or brainstorm a concept?

ahah dont get me started! RAWR!!! :p

6. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I'd rather be without my phone than without my Kindle. Love to read, and on average get through a book every two or three days (read at lunchtime, on breaks, and dinner if I'm on my own).

Of course, I don't have an iPhone, or any of the other big name smartphones (Nokia doesn't really count as a big name any more, right?).

7. slipthejab

Hmm yeah I saw a used Kindle I was tempted to pick up! :p and then I got caught in the iPad crossfire... and doubted myself and my identity and didn't do either...deer in the headlights!
    :p

8. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Well worth having. Only £90-odd for the new one nowadays, so long as you don't mind not having 3G.

9. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

The only two gadget purchases I've never had a single regret over are my IPod and my Kindle.

Everything else; pointless.

10. Kid Moe

Kid Moe Peace that don't belong

You are all losers! :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZGIn9bpALo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZGIn9bpALo[/ame]

11. lorenzodamarith

lorenzodamarith Project: Chaos!

hello,

HEY! watch your mouth...

eight track is NOT pointless!

another comment like that and we shall flay you with our ear buds! hahahahahaha!!!

thanks