Introduction

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Hek, May 7, 2020.

1. Hek

Hek New Member

Heyo! I'm Hektor (turning 18 in October) and I'm new here :)

As for what I do, I used to dabble in Aikido (was only a year before I had to pull out from some injuries I sustained outside training), and in more recent times have been exploring more on the side of Japanese swordplay.

I will not claim to have done real "Kenjutsu" because the dojo I was with for a while turned out to be a McDojo (they were hired by my college to run the school's club, unfortunately) - for this reason I will not name this school, but I have also done some basic training in Kendo before the whole pandemic struck.

Because of the whole McDojo situation, I will also refrain from claiming any particular grade, other than admitting that I have undergone one grading.

I'm located in Singapore, which is in South East Asia, and would love to make more friends from around here.

Outside of Martial Arts, I am a Game Art student, and a novice sewist who makes cosplays.
    Most of my interests lie in/around the Fire Emblem franchise, but I also enjoy some more mainstream things like rhythm games and Hack-n-Slash genres.

Nice to meet you all!

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Welcome! Hope you find ways to explore your martial arts interests in non-McDojo ways!

3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Salutations! I almost tried Kendo just prior to the outbreak. I'm glad I didn't because it would have been a bummer to start something cool and suddenly have to stop and stay home. Stupid anecdote, my favorite wings ever were of the Singapore variety. Oyster sauce!