Introduction: Querist

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by querist, Jun 3, 2011.

1. querist

querist MAP Resident Linguist?

Hello everyone. I'm Querist (or "Q" for short). I've been using that name online for decades (literally - since the mid 1980s back in the days of BITNET and ARPANET).

I'm a chiropractor who has also completed a post-doctoral fellowship in acupuncture and Chinese medicine and I have extensive experience (and education) in treating sport related injuries as well as in rehabilitation and physical training.

I studied Wah Lum preying mantis for about 10 years but left that and took many years off from martial arts to pursue my chiropractic education.

I have just recently started studying Wing Chun (Jiu Wan lineage).

I am specifically interested in researching and/or developing scientifically-based supplementary training techniques to supplement the martial arts training. In other words, I want to use my understanding of human anatomy and physiology to find ways to improve martial arts performance. In other words, I want to respect traditional martial arts but take advantage of modern science to help martial artists reach their goals more effectively and to improve their performance.

2. querist

querist MAP Resident Linguist?

To clarify...

Just so people don't come to the wrong conclusion - this is not a build-up to trying to write and sell a book or to start selling DVDs or setting up a seminar or speaking circuit. I plan to share my findings freely for the benefit of all.

When I was younger, martial arts and music were my life. I want to help other people enjoy their martial arts training by helping them prevent injuries, stretch more effectively, improve strength efficiently, etc.

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Welcome to Map doc :)