Introducing myself and Xa-Ryu

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Xa-Ryu, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I love guys with fighting stances like that. Liver shot heaven.

Unfortunately that act didn't passed - it got squashed in the Supreme Court in January of last year.

2. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

The testimonies Page

http://www.icacqc.com/#/testimonies/4571650957

Down the bottom (it won't let you copy and paste):

Tahir A**** (CSI)

Surely the Police Officer that trained Richard first?

Is now being trained by him.

Interesting guy. Interesting story. Gets more interesting.

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

CSI are not always Sworn Officers - especially in the UK

They will rarely go to scenes that are unattended so their remit for H2H skills is significantly lower

4. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

CSI is an incorrect acronym, when referring to a UK basic forensic officer anyway - Here they go by SOCO (scene of crime officer) of which my Wife is a Warrant card carrying 'member' and has not now, and nor will she ever be, required to go out in to the field.

Travess

5. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

SOCOs are civilians working with police, not police themselves.

Worst I've heard in terms of attacks on the job was being spat at in a dodgy pub. Though I believe it is possible for them to be armed in Northern Ireland, or at least it was.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

They do go into the field technically - they have to visit the scene! But like I said above they rarely if ever go to ANY scene without an officer being present. The only occurences where I can ever recall this taking place are at victims houses for burglaries

"CSI" is peculiar to the states, but as that was the title in the testimonial I ran with it :)

In Canada our FCSU are all sworn members, as are most US dept's.

7. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Agreed Hannibal. I quoted your post as a reference, but my point was aimed at the incorrect use of the title CSI, in Tahir's Post on the Testimonial page, and not at your use of it.

Technically True, but out of a team of dozens, that may be working on any one particular case, there would only be a need for 1 or 2 to actually go out in to the Field - Thankfully the Mrs. is not one of these few...

Travess

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  8. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

9. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

10. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

11. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Also this is still out there

http://wkfsingapore.webs.com/apps/profile/88725280/

It says he received his first dan black belt in Shotokan Karate before he was 12 years old.

Also, "In just two years from founding Xa-Ryu Master Richard was nominated for the Master of the year award in 2007."

Hmm I wonder who nominated him? Actually come to think of it what exactly is the Master of the year award?

Well one thing is correct in there...he is on his way to being know internationally. :p

12. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Also since I obviously have some free time at work, look at the following testimonial from his "testimonies" page from his new ICA website:

http://www.icacqc.com/#/testimonies/4571650957

"Barrie Aspinall (Licensee)
    SIA Licenced Close Protection Operative (MIRA)
    The ICA's wealth of knowledge in all aspects of CQC is fanominal. They take time and pride in ensuring that each member on the course is professionally mentored and tailors their teching method according to the diverse nature of the students. I cannot recommend the ICA highly enough. THE COURSES ARE A MUST for everyone within the security or defence industry. Thanks again to everyone at the ICA that have made this possible."

Yes it is. :evil:

By the way, I did search the SIA website http://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/licensing-rolh.aspx and there really is a "Barrie Aspinall" who does hold a valid close protection license. However, the real question is did he actually provide this testimonial and was it taken out of context?

13. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

Did the site have a way of contacting him?

14. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

If you dont have military, police, and dim mak training, before reaching 35, then you are underqualified

Edit... forgot being a bouncer, a body guard, and a widget manufacturer

15. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Unless I missed something, there was only his license number, name and date.

Anyone can search licenses using that website, so you can double check. One tip though you have to fill in last name, first name, first name initial and select the specific license type (ex. - close protection) when using that search.

16. 47MartialMan

Is it I with my slight case of dyslexia that keep reading Xa-Ryu as X-Ray U? :rolleyes:

The latter being a fitting name because U can see right through it :)

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  17. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

18. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

No.

It is not.

19. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

Not really.

If someone had 18 years of karate under his belt, and opened his own dojo to teach the style he learned, noone would notice anything out of the ordinary.

Otoh, if he opened up a dojo to teach dragonball-ryu, based on his karate experience and spectacular but highly dubious military record, with high fees... then yes, we'd probably have a field day dragging his ego through the mud because that's what we do. Additional bonus points when said person wants to 'Japanize' his art without any knowledge of the language or the culture, thus making is completely ridiculous.

Also, to make an art, you'd have to differentiate from the existing arts AND have a background that at least makes it look like you know what you are talking about, either through training or fighting record.

Plenty of people challenged Bruce Lee, inside the ring and outside, and plenty of people have witnessed him kicking ass at various locations. He proved that he made something that worked. He didn't dodge every challenge ever made and hid behind a coverup story that noone ever verified, like Frank Dux, Ashida Kim, or any of the low grade yokels like Feng Lung or whatever that drop in here from time to time to market their crap.

20. 47MartialMan

Why I started this thread:

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116166

You will notice that the common things such people share are the outlandish claims and statements