Introducing myself and Xa-Ryu

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Xa-Ryu, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

wow, the dim mak. impressive.

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

I notice the British Combat Association logo on your website but a quick search of the BCA club listing doesn't show your club??

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  3. Xa-Ryu

Xa-Ryu New Member

Hi Dean,

The Systema that i learnt was Vladimir Vasiliev's Systema, instructed by a police officer called Tahir Aslam

Thank you for your input. You are totally right and I appreciate your opinion and advice also. Maybe the info on the website is not informative enough. I will change it as soon as possible to be more informative. You are totally right in saying that I don't want to be lumped in with the fakes. I will put my whole training history on the website, my military background and the private sector stuff also. The private stuff will have to remain less informative due to security reasons etc but the rest will be okay to expand on.

Many thanks Dean, I really do appreciate your thoughts.

Many blessings,

RS

4. Dean Winchester

Ryabko Systema then?

Rather than Vasiliev, unless Vlad has branched out on his own in recent years?

No problem :cool:

It's tricky at times as some of us tend to be naturally sceptical due to the sad state of some arts nowadays.

5. slapjitsu

slapjitsu Banned Banned

what regiment were you in? not the marines? 29 comando???

6. Dean Winchester

Could you clear up the apparent discrepancy in these posts please?

7. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

Xavier, welcome to MAP. Good luck lasting for a while. Your name and your first thread are an ad for a martial arts system that none of us have heard before. I hope you are prepared for the scrutiny that invites.

8. monkeywrench

monkeywrench Valued Member

Hello and welcome to MAP.

If my math is right, you are 32 and have been training for 28 years, which means you started training at age four correct?

You said you get questioned all the time and I believe that. Forgive me for having trouble believing you are about to be 8th Dan and are only 32. That sort of thing would never happen in my style. The ages of the 7th and 8th Dans in my style are 50+.

I look forward to reading further detail of your training and background. Could you also post some training videos of yourself?

9. Dean Winchester

I notice the website now says.

Maybe it's simply because Mr Richard Spencer is adjusting his website to incorporate the new information he said he would disclose, I'd like to think that is the case but the text doesn't appear to indicate that.

Of course the cynical side of me is suggesting that Mr Richard Spencer has closed doors because of some of the questions asked in the thread, I'd like to think otherwise and not have to lump in Richard Spencer and Xa-ryu with all the other dodgy orgs and styles that seem to be around.

Mr Spencer could you please address some of the questions in this thread about Xa-ryu and your background.

Xa-ryu potentially sounds like it could be decent if your background is legit and I think we'd all be interested in hearing further about Xa-ryu what makes it unique and the process Richard Spencer went through to develop Xa-ryu.

10. slapjitsu

slapjitsu Banned Banned

the reason i ask is in your picture in cammo face paint you are wearing a standart army beret of the time. ie blue/black not a commando green one.

11. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

He's gone, hahaha

He actualy locked up his website before he even logged off MAP after making his very first post and getting drilled!

"Xa Ryu", becouse my middle name is Xavier"! LMFAO :)

12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Dammit! I knew I should have flamed him instantly! Now what do I do to purge my vitriol??

13. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Ha ha, I have just tried signing up to his site to see what has changed since he posted this thread. My application is pending while the site leader reviews my application lool. As i have put that i heard about the site through MAP i wonder what my chances are of being accepted?

14. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

my guess? none.

15. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Well, the discussion here at MAP comes up on the first page when searching xa-ryu, thanks Dean!;)Also, there is another page with just a fierce picture of the guy, but I won't link as that just seems to be taking the easy potshot. I await further explanation from him, but am certainly not holding my breath.

16. slapjitsu

slapjitsu Banned Banned

If he's gone does that mean I will never know why he had a cheepo nylon rucksack and standard 95 jacket as well?
    I am the cammoflagetrainspotter.

17. Xa-Ryu

Xa-Ryu New Member

Hi everyone,

"MY NAME IS RICHARD SPENCER" whoever logged on as Xa-Ryu is a fake and it is not ME!!!

I have reported it to my website and email host as they have access into my account hence I have now even blocked my website.

I don't spread my business on forums nor FB or twitter as I am a very private person with a family. I have only signed up to clarify what has not been written by me and some questions that some of you have asked. Unfortunately for some I am not willing to share some things as I believe it is no ones business and considering everything that has been written so far has not been me then that is my right.

1) Yes Xa-Ryu is the name of my martial art and yes it has stemmed from a name but it goes a lot deeper than it being my name - details that I am not willing to discuss on here!

2) Yes I was in the Army and the reason I am not wearing a green beret in a picture on the internet was obviously because I hadn't been to do my training in Lympstone yet. Thats enough said on that one.

3) My bergen. I do not believe that someone can be so sad to think they can tell all from a picture. You are clearly not a good judge. It was brand new and it was the one I was given. Take it up with the QMS if it bothers you so much!

4) My training has been very varied and I am doing a university course in martial arts to further my career.

5) I do teach the police force and military.

6) The logos at the bottom of my website are links and not memberships.

7) Someone was pretending to be me before on another forum website a few years ago. That was obviously the "information" that you found and or dug up... IT WASNT YOU WAS IT?

8) I have received a lot of bitterness in the past as Xa-Ryu is new and it works very well not just as a commercial martial art but as a combat system also.

Whoever Xa-Ryu really is has abused the fact that I am a Christian by signing of with many blessings as I usually do that on my emails and texts. You can obviously carry on the discussion about "Xa-Ryu", the real me or the fake one. I can't stop you but I do sincerely ask you all that I am not returning to this forum, as I said I have just come on here to clear some things up from the fake - Please don't continue to slander me as you do not know anything about me. I did not choose for that person to do that, I have had a lot of trouble and slander from many angles and it is not morally or ethically correct. It is interesting however reading what has been commented about and the manner it has taken place. Some of you conduct yourself well, others however I would really take a look at yourselves and ask yourself "if I was my own child would I be happy with them"?

As I have already mentioned, I am NOT going to return to this forum so if you wish to discuss anything further then please call me on at the Dojo: <contact number removed per terms of service> and I would be happy to answer any question.

Please have the respect and decency however to let this discussion come to an end.

Kind Regards,

Richard.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
  18. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I'd be far more sympathetic if this post and all posts by Xa-Ryu hadn't come from the same IP address. As it's a static address supplied by your ISP requiring either a cable connection to your router or a security key built in to the wireless settings on the box, the story that this was someone else really isn't all that compelling.

19. Dean Winchester

No, IIRC, the logos were not links I seem to remember checking that.

20. Dean Winchester

Oh dear.

Fail again?