Internet Troll Jailed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Gary, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-14897948

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Yep saw this today. The guys a nutcase. Good on 'em for chucking him in the lockup. What an absolute useless piece.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Can we get Wushurichard and FierceHadou sent down too?

4. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

18 weeks. Long time to avoid showering.

5. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

sheesh. I need to consider more carefully the effect of my posts :eek:

6. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Wow. I guess that explains the wonderful presence of peace and quiet over in the Ninjutsu subforum. :whistle:

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You can borrow melb if you get really bored

8. Knight_Errant

who now?
    *looks up*
    oh can I borrow him? please? I love a good wing chun hating session...

9. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

You know, I think we're okay for the time being. :hat:

10. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

I'd love to know what sort of tools pupils are using and how often they successfully hide their anonymity. I've heard of people setting up web sites dedicated to insulting someone. I've also heard of people setting up fake facebook accounts for people they don't like; pretending to be them. They then send out messages insulting messages to the person's friends and/or post embarrassing things.

11. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I saw this also. I was also dismayed to see one of my favourite blogs calling this idiots imprisonment an abuse of free speech.

12. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I hope he has a really, REALLY tough time in prison. Words cannot do justice to the contempt that I feel for this pathetic piece of rubbish.

13. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Surely this went under harassment laws with the families being the victims? Maybe I'm missing something here but if it was to their face or by phone call/ hate mail no one would bat an eyelid.

14. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Exactly. Some people seem to think for some reason that just because it's the Internet then anything goes. Frankly I think the numpty should be happy he was jailed and not just taken down a dark alleyway late at night.

15. PlatinumPi4u

PlatinumPi4u Valued Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(This type of stuff is supposed to be protected under the first amendment, but you know....)

16. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

There is no first amendment in the UK.

17. Knight_Errant

No, there isn't. In reality, our 'freedom of speech' here is little more than a gentleman's agreement. And it is being eroded. But that doesn't mean we should allow people to bully and hound people to their graves via the internet, I don't think.

18. PlatinumPi4u

PlatinumPi4u Valued Member

I think it was wrong to troll the dead person's profile or what ever, but it shouldn't lead to jail time just because some people don't agree. What if the person who died was actually a bully, and now the victims are acting out ??

19. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

It's not about disagreement. That person was acting with the sole intent to injure the loved ones of the deceased. Why should psychological harm be taken any less seriously than physical harm?

20. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I really don't care what the deceased did in life. There are standards of decency that just shouldn't be crossed. If this troll was kicking over headstones then people would expect an arrest and a conviction with some sort of sentence passed down. The harm the troll caused is not to the deceased but to the relatives.

To put it another way. If someone was vandalising the memorial at ground zero in New York. There would be an international out cry of disgust. You just don't vandalise memorials. Physical, digital, large or small. It's wrong.