International Tae Kwon Do Federation (ITF)

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Chazz, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

If you practice ITF tae kwon do. This section is for you. Come post for us.

-Chazz :cool:

2. Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger New Member

Yeah, hi,
    I do ITF in NZ. Quite good to find a forum with ITFers on it.
    Check out www.itfnz.org.nz

Last edited: Aug 21, 2002
  3. Chazz

Welcome. Are you a oficial ITF member or do you just study the style forms?

4. Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger New Member

I train with ITFNZ which is the official ITF/ Gen.Choi thing. The ITF organisation in New Zealand is reaaly good with branches all over NZ . It's a really well run organisation in NZ and there are quite a few senior dans floating around too. We have a website which you should take a look at. www.itfnz.org.nz.

Where do you train?

5. Chazz

Kool,
    I am with the ITU - International Tae Kwon Do Union
    We practice the traditions of the ITF

6. Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger New Member

So where does that fit into the scheme of things, what are the affiliations.

7. Chazz

"So where does that fit into the scheme of things, what are the affiliations."

Im not sure i understand what you are asking!

8. RickPyz

RickPyz New Member

I've been training with an ITF-USTF in Illinois since I started in taekwondo.
    Haven't yet been able to find an ITF school since moving to Indianapolis though.

9. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

He's asking which international ITF organisation you are affiliated with, if any.

10. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

Yeah, I'm part of the ITF. Practise in Dublin, Ireland.

11. cipan

cipan New Member

I'm and ITF member, ITFM to be exact, M for Malaysia. Been doing it since 1996, just earlier this year gotten my second degree (Not bragging or comparing, just stating that. I WAS considered kinda slow comparing to the new kids)

12. ipscshooter

ipscshooter New Member

I study ITF-style TKD at an unaffiliated school. Our instructor was trained by GM Van Binh, who is Chairman of ITF's Masters Promotion Committee.

13. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

I used to be with the ITF before General Choi passed on (1994-1996), then I had a 6 year break because the only school in town closed down. In 2002 I rejoined the ITF and soon after, the General left us and I became affiliated with ITF Canada. About a year later, my instructor went independant, and I soon lost faith in his ability to teach. So I'm no longer practising TKD at this point in time. Hell, I'm not in active training at all, much to my disgrace.

14. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

I train at an ITF school in Davenport, Iowa. But I don't know any more than that.