Internal power generation

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Simon, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

You and I sir....are in accordance.

2. Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower Moved on Supporter

Excuse me.

You have the references, but can't seem to articulate what it all means.

You mention reading the books.

Do they say, 'don't buy unless you have 20 years experience'?

I'm beginning to doubt your credentials. I'm certain you aren't here to help.

Sorry if that breaks any site rules, but I'm interested in learning outside of class and this seemed like the place to come.

3. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Depends who you talk to :)

It's bad luck that one of your first interactions here was with someone who, to my knowledge, has never managed to write a cogent sentence on any topic.

4. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

What I mean is he has no idea what part the mind is playing in anything he does, just a mindless reaction to everything he is doing is his understanding of the minds role.

Just a bunch of independent pieces that don't work as one.

5. embra

embra Valued Member

Why don't you quote 1 external and 1 internal 'application' from Taiji, and reference them to any Taiji classic text of your choice, in order that YOUR reference context is something other than your normal evasive hodge-podge of vaccous cat-burp; so that you can inform the ignoranti here as to where you have used google-do and keyboard-fu to enlighten us all, oh Robin O' Loxley?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afAkb4rQvq8"]Lego Robin Hood Rescue - YouTube[/ame]

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

It really is the place to come. But like interaction anywhere you need to take the rough with the smooth, think for yourself and filter out the muppets.

7. Gunner

Gunner Valued Member

Everyone has Chi. Some people are more aware of it than others.

8. embra

embra Valued Member

Robin Of Loxley is 1 big spoofter - generally ignore him. You will find from other folk here who can describe Internal Power Generation - just that it is difficult.

9. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

And some are better than others, oh yeah.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmwkOIDKHww"]Simon's Incredible Chi - YouTube[/ame]

Hear me roar. :woo:

10. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Just because you don't understand the book, does not mean the book is wrong, someday you might understand the book.

Most of these books make no sense the first time you read them, but learn more then read again, then learn more and read again, eventually they will start to make sense . This is not learned by just reading , you need to put in the time and do it to., and then be guided by a teacher that can actually do it too.

You might start with a book called martial arts for dummies, don't buy a calculus book when you don't know how to add yet., books are references, you will not learn from a book by its self in most arts.

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Trite, meaningless and unhelpful

Everyone has muscles but some people are more aware of them; most males have testicles but some are more aware of them

WHAT are they aware of? Because again a crackhead on a binge has a single minded purpose that is hard to deal with

12. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Define "chi" :)

Is it a metaphor for intent, or a real, but as yet unmeasured form of energy? Can other people feel your chi?

Is it recruiting muscle groups and fascia not normally under any conscious control?

Is it steam from your triple burner?

Can you prevent yourself from losing it by reversing ejaculation and rejuvenating your kidneys?

Is it a metaphor for altering how your endocrine system works?

13. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

I don't use "internal" language. I always put "internal" within " " just because I don't believe "internal" even exist.

To strike a misquote with your hands is like to throw out your hand like a whip. Your elbow chases your hand, your shoulder chases your elbow, your body chases your shoulder.

Here is a translation of XingYi master's statement.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The XingYi training and XingYi fighting are different. During

- training, your body pushes your shoulder, your shoulder pushes your elbow, your elbow pushes your hand.
    - fighting, you throw out your hand like a whip. Your elbow chases your hand, your shoulder chases your elbow, your body chases your shoulder.

He then claps both hands and said, "This is fighting".

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

One thing I've mentioned before, that leads me to believe chi is not a real force, is that I don't see the expected results of that existence in the real world.
    By that I mean...if China had access to chi cultivation exercises that could produce strength or power out of all proportion to the muscular strength or size or age of the person involved then I'd expect to see rather different results in this years upcoming Olympics.
    Why isn't a 60 year old 135lb chinese gentleman winning every weight category in boxing or taekwondo? Why isn't he lifting collosal weights and winning the oly lifting? Why isn't he chucking the discus, javelin, hammer and shot out the stadium?
    Hell why isn't he kicking ass in the damn wrestling where at least chi cultivated in chinese martial arts should have some application?
    Why isn't he using chi to sprint the 10000metres and beat the east Africans?
    Or just sprint the 100 metres and beat the jamaicans?

If this secret power exists why aren't the chinese harnessing it to get results outside of very staged tricks and demonstrations?

15. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

So Simon, can you explain what you did different that changed and made the person lift you then not lift you?,

Start with the mind, .....the "chi" follows......the body reacts? , is it something like that?

16. Simon

Because it doesn't exist.

My instructor, a regular traveller to China says if you go over there taking of chi as a mysterious force they look at you like you're stupid.

I'm told if you ask what it is they point to the air around them.

Simples.

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I'm utilising my chi to divinate the answer....oooooommmmm......he had a word with his mate and told him to pretend to lift him on the second go......oooooommmm...phew I'm drained now.

18. Gunner

Gunner Valued Member

That's people trying to sell you something. Chi isn't magic. It can't knock down doors or make you fly.

19. Simon

I could, but you'd need 10 to 20 years experience otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

You could buy a book. :hammer:

20. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

I thought you were clapping both hands over you head in the example you asked for.

The whipping hand is another one, but where does the whipping motion start?, what goes on in your body?.

Your example is just a speed thing, no internal needed or used for unbalanced action with no power.