Internal Energy - Chi as a possibility of No Contact Combat

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by russiancombat, Oct 1, 2014.

1. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Well, actually I guess I wouldn't need my sparring gear since he is only using no touch energy. I could go for that.

2. embra

embra Valued Member

No touch is just baloney.

Dim-mak, qinna, nerve and joint attacks; can be very effective without terrible much effort - but no touch is just nonsense.

There are loads of anatomical areas where very little pressure is required to deck the opponent e.g. adam's apple. All joints have nerve areas that are exposed to the surface of the skin. Combining joint chain locking on these areas can be very effective.

However, I cannot make these applications work 100% reliably all the time with every Gorilla opponent that I encounter.

In my youth I used to train the anatomical loading of joint locking quite a bit.

The most effective locks don't require massive pressure and chain lock you to attack your central nervous system - this does drop you like a stone when applied effectively.

Gradually I have come to realise with regard to locks and nerve attacks, that its best to study the anatomy of the opponent - in training, rather than focus on the end result of enducing pain into them.

Some years ago I did receive a fairly mild combined nerve attack and wrist lock from a practitioner of what passes for AikiJuJitsu. The pain at the time was not too significant - but it took a full 5 weeks to fully dissipate out of my body.

I have never trained real Daito Ryu AikiJuJitsu, but these guys probably have more insight into these aspects than anyone else. Unfortunately they are few and far between, and at 55, my available time is limited.

However, I do wish that when folk spout all kinds of baloney regarding Internal MA, Chi/Ki; that there would be a just a small touch of realistic perception as to what 'Internal' means - it is difficult enough even with very credible practitioners.

The charlatans simply serve to make Internal Arts look like a pile of old bodge, and deflect away from the skill, technique, principle and application that is required, to even scratch the surface.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  3. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hmmmm - I've had an idea - if I build a small Barium Oxide detector that can be attached to a baseball bat - then if the detector remains silent, knock out your opponent with your chi... If the detector goes off... hit em with the bat...

I think about $999 for the detector should be about right - anyone want to pre-order

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

4. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I want to see him fight a Komodo dragon. Hell, I'd settle for watching him fight and or subdue an ackie monitor.

5. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

I have a pet geko he could lose too....

6. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Why stop at a Komodo