Interesting views on the diversity of religion.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Mangosteen, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Sorry mate, it's just cos usually when ever i see someone put Islam and Infidels in the same sentence the conversation will explode into a myriad of religious hate and talk of "terrorizers".
    Clearly that isn't the case wit what you said.
    Again i guess this video is just another case of religions with embedded intolerance (due to historical and largely political reasons) trying to seem more tolerant and appealing in a continually diversifying world.

2. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

The guys speech is relatively liberal but ultimately he's still contending that the Quran and the Muslim teachings are correct and that the other Abrahamic faiths contain provisional truth which were all superceded when Mohammad and the Quran came about. He doesn't address any non-monotheistic traditions except fleetingly to suggest that they were actually all originally monotheistic and fundamentally taught the same message as Islam but became corrupted over time and he doesn't address those without faith. So it's not exactly the most inspiring speech I've heard for promoting religious tolerance is just a slightly nicer version of the typical 'My religion is the ultimate!' speech.

Zaad> I would recommend using google is a good first step to assess the validity of someone's point rather than assuming the worst. A search for 'Muslim views of other religions' or something similar brings up a host of relevant sites outlining what JKMann and others described...