Interesting video on disarming loaded guns

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Hapuka, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I thought this video here bought up some interesting points about disarming loaded guns. Now, I must confess that I have zero experience with disarming guns yet alone using pistols. So if this video is rubbish then please be kind enough to point out why and maybe post a better example so some us less experienced folks can learn from it.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RcFm2B887Hk"]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RcFm2B887Hk[/ame]

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Good video on some key points - it does not even cover techniques which makes it even more valuable

One caveat is that the pistol was a semi auto...there are a lot of revolvers out there too

3. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Yes, a .455 Webley is surely the only choice for a discerning Englishman ;)

4. HachiKuma

HachiKuma Valued Member

I still maintain the best way is to put your hands in the air and do what you are told.

5. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

And pray you don't get shot anyway

But, it is much different when a gun is point straight at you.

The distance is "one key factor"

A female can disarm me anytime :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  6. HachiKuma

HachiKuma Valued Member

Quite!

Straight on, with any degree of distance you'd be better off praying to your deity of choice than trying to disarm someone.

7. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

It is almost a 50/50

Do you comply and may get away...or do you try to disarm...

How is the distance.....

What seems do be a major issue (and I have been mugged by gun point twice) is how did you allow yourself to be there in the first place. I cannot stop thinking that the victim, (although having sympathy for them) giving the assailant the opportunity to prance. I would think, a assailant chooses the prey

From my experiences, gun point muggings do not "go down" like in these crazy self defense scenarios. One example: no one "just stands there- almost motionless, pointing" a gun at you from that "portrayed fixed position". The mugger is nervous, energetic, and somewhat moving

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Ha ha ha, it seems everywhere I look lately the reputation of Krav Maga is getting a battering :D