Interesting APPROACH to the X pattern

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Peter Lewis, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Mabuhay

Since writing 'Eskrima Beyond The Stick' many years ago, I have always had a great interest in the transition from weapons techniques to empty-hand applications. Always seeking to improve this and create devastating self-protection methods. I was recently extremely pleased and impressed to learn that Eddie Quinn has developed 'The Approach.'

I first met Eddie over 15 years ago and have always been very impressed by his speed, power, focus and total dedication to the martial arts. Highly respected within the Muay Thai, Silat and Filipino Martial Arts communities, Eddie has developed a masterclass in self-protection. In a 3 DVD set recently released, Eddie demonstrates accuracy and clarity in performing and discussing the core techniques, training methods and strategies of The Approach. With clear demonstrations, Eddie reviews technique evolution, body mechanics, explosive power development and using The Approach for multiple striking methods against a variety of common and less common attacks.

Check out the website at http://www.the-approach.com/ for something new that could benefit all of us.

Gumagalang

Peter

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  2. BakbakanFighter

BakbakanFighter Valued Member

Just took at look at the site....

Very interesting stuff indeed!