Interesting, albeit a bad business idea

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Xue Sheng, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Just walked past a new business near my office. It has Axe Throwing, archery, and knife throwing....and....its a bar....darts in a bar is one thing, but a bunch of inebriated folk throwing axes, knives and shooting arrows....think I will avoid that one

axelb and Mitch like this.
  2. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

There are some axe throwing bars that have opened up near me. I haven't gone to one, but wouldn't be opposed to it... I don't really hear about any dart throwing incidents, but there are tons of bars with darts around me. I realize axes are a bit deadlier than darts. I'd have to see the set-up I guess and how well the staff is managing safety to determine whether it is something I would consider relatively safe.

Xue Sheng likes this.
  3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Seems to be a trend. Theres one thats opened up in South London. Axe throwing and a bar.

Its also appears to be Jason Mamoa's past time. (Guiness and Axes)

axelb and Xue Sheng like this.
  4. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I've been to one of the London-based ones and they had a very strict "no alcohol before axes" rule.

Xue Sheng likes this.
  5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

There's one opening in York too.
    You don't have to be drunk for something like this to happen!

Shmook, axelb and Xue Sheng like this.
  6. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

I like Guinness, and I think Axe throwing would be fun......but then I use to really enjoy riding motorcylces too....but I never mixed it with Guinness....but then I'm not Jason Momoa either :)

Very true, but imagine her reaction time if she had been drinking.

And I am sure they take some sort of precautions and there are likely rules ...but....Axes, Knives & Archery......mixed with drinking....that may be the stuff of a good Viking raid, but I just don't see it as a good idea in a bar, in a city, in the 21st century.

axelb likes this.
  7. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I went to one on new Jersey.

The beer was flowing freely and people had a lot of it!
    They seemed to have good marshalling.

I kept my eye keenly on the person right next to me when they were throwing.
    I was happy to keep well for clear when it wasn't my turn.

Xue Sheng and Dead_pool like this.
  8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

....and now a new one in Wembley Stadium grounds

Xue Sheng likes this.