Interested in Choi Dojunim DVD?

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by iron_ox, Feb 21, 2013.

1. iron_ox

iron_ox Jungki Kwan Midwest

Would any of you be interested in a 90 minute DVD with Choi Dojunim teaching techniques? Gonna cost like $20. Looking to see what kind of interest is out there.

Not my material, but checking to see if anyone would care.

Not an ad, this does not exist yet, but checking to let the owner know if it is worth producing such material.

2. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I would be very interested. I've only seen a few of the clips posted by the Jungki Kwan - they were pretty good. It'd be nice to see more instructional material put out.

Count me in for a copy or two if you do it.

3. Dwi Chugi

Dwi Chugi Valued Member

Yeah, I'm very interested! Please count me in.

I think that is what Hapkido needs to help us unite.

4. klaasb

klaasb ....

Who wouldn't be interested? ;)

5. iron_ox

This is not my material, but I want to gauge interest so that money isn't wasted on production.

6. Haakon

Haakon Valued Member

A video of Yong Sul Choi actually performing the techniques, or a video of someone else doing techniques that are supposed to be from his teachings?

7. iron_ox

What does the OP say? Read first.

8. Haakon

Haakon Valued Member

The OP can be interpreted different ways, hence the question. Videos claiming to teach Hapkido using Chois name as marketing are common, I wanted to clear up if this was just another money maker, or something original. Considering this [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4etfN-8zzE&mode=related&search"]Hapkido - YouTube[/ame] is supposedly one of the only videos of him, it's only 2:39 long and really poor quality, having 90 minutes of GM Choi would be of great historical value if nothing else.

9. iron_ox

I wrote "Choi Dojunim teaching technique" - how much more clear can it be? That is the information I have so far, it is film of him teaching technique. And since it will cost money, it will be a money maker, it will also be an original. In addition, while the You Tube piece is well seen, it is hardly the only piece of Choi Dojunim footage, but you seem to infer that this type of material should be just handed out for nothing, or maybe with no research or work having to be done to acquire it. That is not the case. And again, there is nothing said about this being a video "teaching hapkido", just one of Choi Dojunim teaching technique.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  10. jaggernautico

jaggernautico Valued Member

would love to buy a copy and check it out. Please keep us updated!

11. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

why not have the owner source it to jungki kwan website for streaming? or youtube? then we could all watch it.

12. iron_ox

Good question, currently the owner of the material is not personally affiliated with the Jungki Kwan; and while I am sure some small clips will be uploaded to youtube, this is currently a venture with a specific goal in mind with the raised funds...

13. chrispillertkd

chrispillertkd Valued Member

I'd be very interested in buying a copy of such a video.

Pax,

Chris

14. Instructor_Jon

Instructor_Jon Effectiveness First

I would be extremely interested in the video. I would snap up a copy, maybe several.

15. marinevet63031

marinevet63031 Hapkido/Koryo Gumdo/TKD

Yep,
    I would get a few.

16. Twisting

Twisting Valued Member

I would be interested. Thanks.