Interclub Video

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Pretty In Pink, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Cheers! Didn't think anyone would watch that much of it :p

2. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

The power of having bugger all to do on a Sunday afternoon is not to be underestimated. :D

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

You did a really nice little duck under his punch around 6.00 too.

Around 3.00ish you caught his kick but seemed to get warned about it? Aren't you allowed to catch and sweep?

4. Pretty In Pink

Cheers!

Sweeps were allowed. The actual rule in Muay Thai is you're allowed one step. The red asked me to keep it to one step.

It used to not be a rule but people kept getting thrown out of the ring when people charged forward. The rule makes a lot of sense. Obviously I wasn't trying to throw him out but it could easily happen.

Oddly this rule doesn't exist in MMA because of the cage and how difficult it is to throw people out.

axelb and Mitch like this.
  5. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Great video.

Those ducks under to behind were very smooth and relaxed, in a great position to suplex type throw (obviously not in muay Thai)

Looked relaxed, and great to watch :)

What do you feel you did well on/want to improve from the fight?

6. Pretty In Pink

Mostly cardio. I feel if I had even more in the tank it would have been easier. Hopefully I'll get a Muay Thai fight in a month or two and I'll have the best cardio.

A few smoother combinations and a little more head movement but overall I was happy with it. Clinching too perhaps. I clinch and can do quite well but I haven't trained it properly in a while.

axelb likes this.
  7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Yeah. Was called "ploughing" iirc.
    Ploughing us no longer allowed in Thai.

Pretty In Pink likes this.