Intercepting Fist Organisation (IFO) JKD Club under Sifu Tommy Carruthers Opening in Newcastle!!

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by IFOJEETKUNEDO, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

One thing I made sure of when I joined my instructors organisation was to get plenty of pictures and videos of my own.

It certainly helps to have your own archive.

Hannibal likes this.
  2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I've a feeling someone needs to slow their roll a tad.

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Aaah okay, understood. So what's the lineage like? Does it really matter in JKD?

4. IFOJEETKUNEDO

IFOJEETKUNEDO New Member

Sifu Tommy has done many demo's, some are like this, some have the attacker moving fast, some slow, some fast and slow, some from on guard, some natural, some from sitting down, some from standing etc.... I cant post them all unfortunately but rest assured if you get the chance to see the man in action your critism will crum
    ble.

5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Damn...reading Tommy Carruther's bio on his site and he's got, as my mum would say, "2 bob on himself".

I mean..."a very practical martial artist whose grueling training schedules alone would put most other athletes (from any sporting background) to shame". Hyperbole much?

6. IFOJEETKUNEDO

IFOJEETKUNEDO New Member

I speak my mind, nothing more, nothing less.

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

As do we all. What I'm saying is you might need to scope out your audience a little bit before playing the big I-am.
    Know your enemy as Sun Tzu used to say. :)

8. IFOJEETKUNEDO

IFOJEETKUNEDO New Member

Sifu Tommy used to train extremely hard every day of the week like any serious athlete. He now spends his time travelling around the globe doing back to back seminars. He is incredibly dedicated and determined to show as many people as he can the real JKD, Bruce Lee's JKD, the JKD build on science and universal laws that we are all bound by. The IFO represents a new era in JKD in the hope that the mess that it is in can be someday sorted.

9. IFOJEETKUNEDO

IFOJEETKUNEDO New Member

Id rather put my time into something more constructive than 'scoping' anyone out. Your not my enemy, strange you see it that way...

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

No doubt. But...put "most" other athletes to shame? Really?
    So like someone training for the olympics? A professional MMA fighter in camp? A cross fit athlete like Rich Froning? These people would be put to shame by Tommy's training regime?
    I mean I'm all for accurate self promotion but I'm never a fan of it at the expense of others.

11. Simon

What mess do you feel the art is in?

JKD does have the same quality control issues that many arts suffer from, but in certain areas it's thriving and indeed going from strength to strength.

12. IFOJEETKUNEDO

IFOJEETKUNEDO New Member

sorry not sure what you mean, please expand...

13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Wasn't referring to me. What I know of JKD could be written on a postage stamp.
    Just saying that, as odd as it may be, there are people here that know a thing or two about JKD besides you.

Dead_pool likes this.
  14. IFOJEETKUNEDO

IFOJEETKUNEDO New Member

The 'mess' that everyone has a different understanding or take on what 'it' is. It also possible has the most amount of politics attached to it of any art. Polotics that Bruce was trying more than anything to avoid. Then are those that see it mearly as a philosophy or way or life....shall I go on?

15. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I'm going to wager that IFOJEETKUNEDO sees them as part of the "mess" that can someday be sorted...

Dead_pool likes this.
  16. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

In terms of pre-emptive striking I think it's clear Tommy Carruthers has the speed power and structure behind him. I'm sure his physical training is more than up to snuff. I don't know about a lot of his other stuff though... I always thought it looked a bit movie fu.

Basically when ever I've seen anything from him it's been a load of red flags with some very impressive speed and general athleticism.

17. Simon

I think you choose your own path, be it original or concepts.

18. IFOJEETKUNEDO

IFOJEETKUNEDO New Member

sees who as a mess? what are you going on about?

19. IFOJEETKUNEDO

IFOJEETKUNEDO New Member

I disagree...but the whole concepts/original debate will have to be had another time buddy

20. Simon

And there for me is the start of the mess.

Hannibal likes this.