Instructor credentials

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by lexmark, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

2. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Very good point. It seems like it's there to distinguish from BJJ only.

3. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Please do, we should have met and had a pint a long time ago.

4. Gussigan

Gussigan Valued Member

i think lineage is only important if that lineage has value added along the way, so staying true to the tradition but adapting if required

lineage should not be the be all and end all when picking a school, just because someone trained under particular people who trained under other specific people does not make them a good teacher

5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

If your ever this end of the country let me know,

kusa

6. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Depends if you've chosen a good lineage, hence why people should be truthful in their advertising, otherwise lies start to be accepted as truth.

7. pj_goober

pj_goober Valued Member

I'm glad someone on this forum agreed with something i said. Possibly for the first time.. :rolleyes:

8. Rhea

Hey, it had to happen eventually... ;)

9. pj_goober

pj_goober Valued Member

and I've only been a member of the forum for 2 years...

10. Rhea

Hehe, you get more trouble here than PJ don't you?
    Actually I've agreed with you a few times, even on that thing about illegal fighting.

11. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Will do

Smurf

12. laughingfatman

laughingfatman New Member

Well, to be honest, a federation that calls itself "All Japan......." and is based in the U.S.A. would give me grave doubts. They have members in sunny U.K. as well, and seem to give grades away like confetti.. One group, Junsei Ryu, just joined and its head instructor "promoted" to 7th. Dan! This same person visited my sensei and actually asked if he could just start all over again he was that bad! My sensei says he's not worth a green belt, but that's his opinion I guess. unfortunately, the martial arts are full of cowboys with very inflated egos of themselves. Just take care my friend.

13. Ryan555

Ryan555 New Member

Couldn't agree with you more Mr. Delany. It seems the only people who could see the lies being told these days are those who are actually practicing the authentic arts. I'm not being arrogant. I just worry about how so many influencial liars there are out there and how they go unchallenged!

14. Ryan555

Ryan555 New Member

I've been trying to share with you all a link for a while now.. but i suspect the admin thinks i'm spamming! A shame. Anywayz, it's an in-depth article about Alexey Kunin and the scale of his world wide deception. It's written by my colleagues and I in the Fraud In Martial Arts Awareness Society on Facebook. Have a look.

15. righty

righty Valued Member

lol

Resurrection no. 2

16. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Ryan, your post has indeed been unapproved.

We tend not to like those who come on here with no previous background and with the intention of discrediting others.

With that said I want to welcome you to MAP and hope you continue to enjoy the forum.

Simon.

17. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Out of interest which Koryu do you study?

Pop on over to the koryu forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.