instructional videos

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by kempojosh, Apr 8, 2006.

1. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

i'm enrolled in another ma but i want to learn some more jj. does anyone know where i can get some good instructional videos to learn some jj. thanks.

2. fanatical

fanatical Cool crow

blablablablablablablablablabla

3. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Afraid not, no. Jujutsu is something that really needs to be taught in person.

4. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

i'm not looking for "a get a black belt at home" course. i just want some videos that go over techniques. i'll watch them then practice with a partner.

5. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I'm afraid that unless you've got a good level of previous experience, videos/dvds are next to useless to learn from.

6. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

so other than jumping into a jj school, or finding a jj artist to train with, there is no other way to learn a few things?

7. fanatical

fanatical Cool crow

That's right.

8. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

You need partners, but it is possible. Not going to touch the ability to roll with people better then you though.

Roy Harris' I've heard are a good bet for beginners, Matt Thorton's FJKD 1 would likely also be a good starting point.

Should try to roll around with experienced people at least occasionally though.

9. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Video and books are good reference tools for any MA but they are no substitute for taking classes. To learn Jujitsu skills one must practice, practice and practice some more. There is no point in practicing something which is wrong over and over again hence one needs the tuiton of a good instructor.

I wish you well in your path but please take some classes get a good grounding in the techniques and applicatons and then go find the masterclass DVD's ...

:cool:

10. James Kovacich

James Kovacich RENEGADE

You can get exposure to Ju Jitsu for free right here.
    http://www.bjj.org/techniques/