Inspirational Music

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Keysi_chick, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Keysi_chick

Keysi_chick New Member

What song (s) have inspired you to overcome tragedy to triumph, from being in despair to being happy or basically song(s) that have helped you overcome an upsetting time in your life?

One song that has helped me get through the pain of losing someone close to me is Bette Midlers " Wind Beneath My Wings" and also The Gladiator soundtrack. I found it helped me release some pent-up emotions... :Angel:

2. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

Amen. The Gladiator soundtrack is INCREDIBLE. I use it for sparring sessions, to get pumped up, or when I'm hitting the heavy bag. I also listen to John William's Star Wars theme to reflect or mellow out, and for working out, I use "Eye of the Tiger"

3. MatsuRyu

MatsuRyu New Member

sounds stupid but is actually seriously inspirational: "Heart of a Champion" by Nelly. I second that the gladiator soundtrack is awesome. Also, for some music to get you worked up during a workout i would suggest "Battle without honor or humanity" by Tomoyasu Hotei (the album is called "electric samurai", how cool is that?). :cool:

4. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

-Disturbed- Devour
    -Dry Kill Logic- The Perfect Enemy
    -DevilDriver- Digging Up The Corpses
    -Static-X- Get to the Gone
    -Nightwish- Ever Dream
    -Disturbed- Prayer
    -Disturbed- Violence Fetish

eh..what can I say I like violence (it makes me happy) :D

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

This is a weird choice I know, but its "Everybody Hurts" by REM. And any music that gets me moving, techno or some good country. Nobody barf now.

6. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

*hocks up his dinner* :D j/k

7. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Told Ya!! :)

8. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

Latelarus by Tool really inspires me every time I listen to it. Also the Nine Inch Nails cd "Still" really helps me when I feel down. It's very sad sounding music but for whatever reason, it makes me feel better.