Insanity workout.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Dan93, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Hi All,

I have been looking at the insanity workout DVD for my home training, looks good from what I have seen on the adverts.

Has anyone tried the insanity workout? seems good value but wanted to get some opinions before buying.

Osu!

Dan93

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

It's been discussed a few times on MAP.

You'll probably find some answers here.

3. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Thanks Simon! Will have a read.

Osu!

Dan93

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

My wife was doing it for a while before exam final prep for law school started coming around. She was following the diet plan and doing the workouts and she had some pretty good results from it although the real visible results didn't start happening for her until she started month 2. It seems like it is a good program but she made me leave the apartment every time she worked out because you look ridiculous doing the workout. My boxing got a lot better during this time, because that was where I would go when she kicked me out.

5. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Thanks Ero-Sennin.

Reading through the links that Simon provided, Seems majority of people have had good experiences with the program.

Want to increase my training as part of preparation for my first knockdown competitions next year and saw this and it looked impressive!

Osu!

Dan93

6. Jeffkins

Jeffkins Sleuth Diplomacy

It is better than nothing, but not better than a lot of things. A well planned, goal specific program will be much more successful.

7. Aikidojomofo

Aikidojomofo Valued Member

I've completed Insanity twice now. For me personally I found it incredibly rewarding. My cardio has never been so strong as when I finish the program. I wouldn't recommend it if you want to bulk up though

Month 1 is designed to get you fit enough to do month 2 which is honestly quite tough. As with any kind of circuit training you only get results if you're willing to go all out. If you're half-hearted with it you'll be disappointed

I'm going to be starting it again in the new year. I rate it quite highly

8. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

http://www.8weeksout.com/2011/09/28/never-gas-out-mma-interval-training/

save your money,

9. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

I liked GPS rushfit.

10. pascalywood

pascalywood Valued Member

Dont want to be a nazi but I believe you mean GSP rushfit? ;)

11. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

Ehem... aye... that one... GSP = Georges Saint Pierre

GPS is what you use to geolocate...

12. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

GPS Rushfit - Put random location on GPS, run to it. 10 pushups when you get there. I bet you would lose all sorts of weight and boost your cardio doing that.