Inosanto angles

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by ballistic, Dec 13, 2004.

1. ballistic

ballistic Valued Member

Hi all, this may be a bit esoteric, but just to satisfy my curiosity, does anyone know the Inosanto angles above 75? any help will be much appreciated!!

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Yeah - they go as follows...

...etc

Sorry mate. Couldn't resist :Angel:

I only use the first two anyway :D

3. ballistic

ballistic Valued Member

aaaaahhhhhhhhh! i knew i had them wrong! thanks for the help Yoda! :rolleyes:

4. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

tel

there are only 36 angles at tops lol. u cud always do them 2.5 times :D

5. YODA

Maybe No.37 is a left handed No.1 :D

6. Nick_UKWC

Nick_UKWC New Member

What in Gods name are you lot talking about?

Sorry, had to ask...

7. pug32

pug32 Valued Member

Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
  8. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

I'm only aware of angles 1- 15.

My instructor says that some FMA instructors will tell you that there are really only two angles, forehand and backhand, which I think is an interesting concept. Seems to leave out the straight thrust, though.

9. YODA

A thrust can be forehand thrust or a backhand thrust :D

The way I was taught in Inosanto/LaCoste Kali was with 24 angles.

10. ballistic

ballistic Valued Member

hi
    from what ive seen they are taught in segments 1-5, 1-8, 1-12, 1-17, 1-25, 1-35, 1-42, 1-60, 1-68, 1-75 and this is where i am up to, but i am assured that it goes at least to 100. not that it matters but i would love to satisfy my spotter curiosity!!
    cheers all

11. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Angles 1-?

Hi Matt,

I have a seminar tape of Rick Young where either (its been a while since I viewed it) he shows the strikes upto 124 or talks about them!

Doce Pares has 12 strikes, Serrada has 5 (initially). Apart from extending the length of time training in a system, what use do the "extra" 100+ strikes have?

Bill

12. shootodog

shootodog restless native

wow. that's a lot! some systems have just 12 maximum! maybe they differenciated the daga from the espada and counted that as well. dunno. after a while, the numbers get blurred and all you can think of is "hit him! hit him! hit him!"

dang! i'm rambling again!

13. YODA

Sounds like a good plan to me! :D

14. tel

tel

well if some one can use 75 angles,.let along remember them,please help me

15. ballistic

ballistic Valued Member

I whole heartedly agree that knowing 100+ angles is entierly esoteric,(unless i can get a friend to restrain my attacker long enough to go through all of the angles) i just find it fun to learn!

16. tel

tel

agree fun to learn,well good luck with getting the hundread

17. ballistic

ballistic Valued Member

As well, as far as im aware the 100+ angles are only used for single stick. ive been taught 1-17 for the knife, double knife, stick and knife double stick and staff, but so far not above 17!

18. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I'm curious, dos'nt doing 100+ angles go against the grain of JKD / Kali???

After all most style go no higher than 12 many have even less and I was always led to beleive that JKD people even if they married another art like Kali to their training were all about simplyfying whatever they do.

If we are realistic about it you can break your strikes down to just 3, one to the left, one to the right and one striaght down the middle, the reast just just repeating the first 3 with just slight angle adjustments.

If you have 100+ angles to remember, which one do you use in a real fight? by the time you figured out which one of the 100+ to use it could be to late:eek:

Like Shootodog says, just hit him, hit him, hit him.

My students follow a simple rule, If he/she tries to hit you, hit them first, hit them lots and keep hitting them till they fall down, once they have fell down keep hitting them till they stop twitching, when they stop twitching hit them some more just in-case they are faking it, then hit them till you see red, their red, then walk away smiling;)

Regards

Pat

19. shootodog

shootodog restless native

yup. i guessed as much.

hit him with the # 69 hit! wait, what's # 69 again? he hits you first while you're scratching your head trying to remember. see what i mean!

i don't say it out loud when i'm sparring. wait, sometimes i do! :(

yes. the 4 cardinal rules: 1) hit first 2) hit fast 3) hit hard 4) keep on hitting.

pat, how goes it now? are you guys ok? baby ok? i assume that all is good bec you posted.

20. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I see we are thinking along the same lines here Shootodog:D but then again I knew we would;) .

How goes it with the baby:bang: Still waiting, she is stubbourn and seems happy to stay were she is. If not here by Monday they will force the little one to make an appearance.

Will keep you posted

Pat