injury...

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Rob_InDaUk, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Rob_InDaUk

Rob_InDaUk Grandmaster Sandwich

ok..heres the deal

About a month ago when I was running I got a pain in my left leg. I rested immediately and went to see my doctor. The doctor said it would be fine and I didn't even need to rest. But I did rest anyway...coz he didn't even check it properly.

So anywayz I rest for 3 weeks. Well I still do upper body but no running. Today I was gonna start again. I did a nice warmup as usual, stretched all the major muscle groups and stuff.
    It was all going swell until.....

I stepped out of my front door. As soon as I started actually running the pain came back. I was uncertain about whether to carry on or not. But I thought better not make it worse...So hear I am feeling like crap. I dunno what the problem with my leg is, any of you old and bald fancy shedding some light on the subject? Cheers

2. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

well, I'm old but not bald so..... sorry can't help ya out!:D

3. ptcruiser

ptcruiser New Member

Would you be a little more in detail about the pain.
    Is the pain when you put pressure on the foot to push off?
    How often did you run prior to this pain? Any old injuries?
    You hip joint may be out of alignment. Happened to a friend of mine. Went to a chiropractor and after a couple visits was back to normal.

I'm older than Kickchick and am not bald either.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2003
  4. Rob_InDaUk

ok...erm

Would any of you wise and wonderful people on MAP please share with me their advice.

And also, I have said where it hurts in the image. It seems to hurt when I land with my left foot.

5. Rob_InDaUk

And the only past injury I had was this one, which was about a month ago. I thought it would have gone by now, my doctor said it would have and that I didn't even have to rest! Maybe I need a new doctor...

6. ptcruiser

ptcruiser New Member

I edited my post after seeing the pic you posted.
    Sounds like a hip adjustment.

7. Rob_InDaUk

I'm only 15..Should I be having problems with my hip??

8. Jack

Jack Valued Member

Get a second opinion, or visit a sports physiotherapist, perhaps.

Either way don't rely on us!

Jack

9. ptcruiser

ptcruiser New Member

Age doesn't mean you couldn't have an injury.
    You are 15 and have an injury.
    Check with achiropractor for a second opinion.

10. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

alright... I cooled off!

This is what I can deduce from your "diagram"

Could possbily be a femoral neck stress fracture, they occur close to the hip. The most common type of femoral stress fractures are caused by lack of shock absorption after muscle fatigue. Training errors, poor footwear, and poor running surfaces may contribute to the development of this condition.

Get it checked out by an old balding professional!;)

11. Rob_InDaUk

Well I was running in poor footwear when it last happened. I think that this is what caused the injury.

KC how long do femoral stress fractures take to heal?

12. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I am by no mean saying you have this Robin...

Could be this... could be that... and it may very well be a pelvic stress fracture...stress fractures in the pelvis are a fairly rare to get while running, but they can develop in the pubic rami or at the femoral neck. Treatment consists of a period of relative rest followed by a gradual return to sport. Duration of treatment may last anywhere from 6 weeks to several months depending on the severity and treatment

.... have it checked out... I am not a doctor, I am only telling you what I think. Lay off the running as the compression by running can only aggravate the pain and your present condition (whatever it is!).

Last edited: Sep 22, 2003
  13. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

Hey Robin;

If you can get the use of a soft tred-mill, try a light work & see if the pain occurs that way; Be carefull! Whether it does or not will be usefull info when you get another med. check.

Take Care:
    DavidM

14. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I'll repeat what I said to you on MSN: if it hurts that much, rest it. A little extra cardio is not worth wrecking your hip for.

15. Rob_InDaUk

I am resting KE...just thought it had healed. Got an appointment with a different doctor on Friday. Hopefully will be able to get it all sorted then.
    *Crosses fingers*

16. Rob_InDaUk

Thanks for all the advice fellows MAPers :D