injured my shoulder

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by AndrewTheAndroid, Jul 30, 2013.

1. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Well I can forget about lifting weights for awhile. I injured my shoulder doing bench press last week. I'm going to rest it for about two weeks and then if it is still bothering me I'll try to find a doctor.

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Rest, that's a good idea. You are much further along in your understanding of the human body than many others.

Hope you heal up soon man.

3. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

If you can get your hands on a copy of this, there may be some quick and easy fixes available:

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trigger-Point-Therapy-Workbook-Self-Treatment/dp/1572243759"]The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook: Your Self-Treatment for Pain Relief Trigger Point Therapy Workbook: Your Self-Treatment Guide for Pain Relief: Amazon.co.uk: Clair Davies, Amber Davies: Books[/ame]

This book has helped me and many others, very highly recommend it.

4. AndrewTheAndroid

I've come to the stark realization that 29 isn't an anagram for 19.

5. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

not to sound unsympathetic or anything but I wonder what weight you were pushing or how your technique was for this to happen? I see some pretty awful technique almost every time I go to the gym but no guy is going to take advice on bench from a girl

6. AndrewTheAndroid

I had elbows inward at about 30 degrees. I don't think it was because of technique per say but that my support muscles are not very strong seeing as I am really out of shape.

7. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

You've probably sussed that out right. Possibly you have a muscular etc imbalance.

Sure don't attempt any Benching for a while. See IF you can do plenty of Posterior Chain work. Rows, High Rows etc. Get a stronger back.

You might want to look into getting hold of some kind of heavy (relative to your strength) 'strands'/ 'expanders. These are excellent for shoulder rehab. And will challenge you rightly.

Safe Shoulders - Good Luck