indonesian community

Discussion in 'Silat' started by remi, Oct 12, 2003.

1. remi

remi New Member

Hello again,

Do you know if there's an Indonesian community in Seattle/Bellevue ? I mean, do they have a kind of organization ?
    I'd like to contact this community...

Thank you,

Remi

2. Bobster

Bobster Valued Member

There is one, but it's not as "connected" as maybe some other ethnic orginazations are. They pretty much get together on certian holidays, and even then it's usually just a loose bunch of families, not really an "Org" per se. However, if you are a college student, I do believe the U of WA has some sort of Indonesian activity group (no silat, sorry!)

One last tip: There is a restaurant that alot of Indonesians go to called the Malay-Satay hut. The food is excellent, and I have seen it wall-to-wall with Indos, standing room only. There are two locations, one in Chinatown & the other in downtown Bellevue. If you are Indonesian, this might be a good place to start (believe it or not!)

Good luck!

Bobbe Edmonds

3. remi

remi New Member

Hello Bobbe,

thank you very much for the info. We'll try these restaurants. I'm not indonesian myself but my wife is. We were living in Indonesia until 1999-2000 then we moved to France (I'm French) and moved again to Bellevue last September. I saw you posted a reply to my other mail re. the Silat instruction. I already enrolled in Jim Ingram's class (do you know him ?). I'll have a look at your website anyway.

Thanks again,

Remi

4. Bobster

Bobster Valued Member

I know Guru Ingram very well, he is a great guy. Good luck in your training!

Bobbe