Increasing lower back flexibility?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Zombie Bokken, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Zombie Bokken

Zombie Bokken Valued Member

After goiing through some basic stretches and for once listening to my body and looking at the shape etc I have come to the conclusion that I have bugger all flexibility.

Think I must have been fooling myself over the years because I can kick quite high, no bother getting foot to head height, but this must be just average dynamic flexibility. I need to work on the static stuff quite a bit and loosen everything up.

I always put it down to my lower back beign the stiff part but now as I stretch I can (sitting toe touch) I can feel the tightness in my hamstrings over everything else.

Looks like I am back into boot camp for basic stretch exercises and see if I can improve this over the coming months.

Cheers for all the info guys.

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Static stretching only serves to improve your posture while decreasing resistance in your kicks. This equates to better efficiency of movement, which is the goal in all sporting activities really. Think of it this way: the sooner you start working on your static flexibility the sooner your efficiency improves. Your kicks will be getting (even) better already! :)