Increasing lean muscle/decreasing body fat

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by KellyOwens, Nov 10, 2007.

1. KellyOwens

KellyOwens Valued Member

What is the best way to eat to accomplish this? I am a 31 y/o female (currently breast-feeding a baby). I recently started exercising on a regular basis but prior to that I was only lightly active.

I feel inundated with information on the web. Could ya'll narrow it down to some reasonable suggestions :D ?

Thanks!

Kelly

2. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

3. dingo983

dingo983 New Member

When my wife was breast feeding and after the same goals as you, she added a protien drink to her diet, multi-vitamin, counted calories, drank alot of water, lifted weights and some cardio. Just the basics. They seem to work the best.

4. strider

strider Valued Member

I dont think it is a good idea to take protien drinks and multi vitamins if she is breast feeding.
    Just wait until you finish feeding your child,than work with a high protien moderate carbs diet.
    And include training of course.

5. dingo983

dingo983 New Member

A protein drink is fine when your breast feeding. My kids turned out healthy. Protein drinks are from natural sources such as egg, whey, milk, soy. It is more harmful to your child to drink a soda while breast feeding than it is a protein drink (which may actually benefit the child). Check out the label and show it to your Dr. if you are worried.

6. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

IMO anyone new to training of any serious worth should stick to one goal and then roll onto the next when they have only achieved the first one.

lose the bodyfat, then work on slowly increasing the carbs so you can see the difference in the mirror and on the scale

gaining muscle and losing fat is a hard task that even advanced trainers feel is beyond them, most end up looking roughly the same after 6 months with no progress.