In your opinion, what is the difference between EPAK and Shaolin Chuan Fua?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by shaolinmonkmark, Aug 28, 2007.

1. smelly feet

smelly feet Valued Member

Cool let us know if the style is worth the trouble.

2. smelly feet

Have you seen how fat Paul Taylor is?

3. smelly feet

Can you tell us want master?

4. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

Isn't that a criteria for Ke?po 9th degree?

5. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

I think it is!

6. Almost A Ghost

Almost A Ghost Valued Member

7. Kenpo_Iz_Active

Kenpo_Iz_Active Greek Warrior-not 300

that's Win Chun, right?

8. Almost A Ghost

The video? That's Shaolin Kempo Karate.

9. Kenpo_Iz_Active

Kenpo_Iz_Active Greek Warrior-not 300

ooo...i was under that impression 'cause it had hand and arm locks. interesting, though.

10. smelly feet

Have you notice Mattera and all his district managers are FAT NOT FAST?

11. smelly feet

His technique was FLAWLESS AND UNBELIEVABLE compared to anyone I have ever seen!
    You can really see the wing chun and Jeet Kune Do influence in his technique as he moved around his attackers and took them apart with speed and practical martial arts not some half a.s.s.made up fluffy martial arts. We are talking about Jeet kune do master Tommy Carruthers right? Not that fat master who moves slightly better then a drunken 12 year old.

For all you shaolin kempo people heres a clip of a real martial arts master Tommy Carruthers
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBTM6_l-Gdk"]Tommy Carruthers Jeet Kune Do - YouTube[/ame]

12. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

Um, I dunno. I haven't seen any of them. I don't hang in those circles. I was just stating an observation that many high ranking kenpo people have whatever disease Al Tracy caught. The one where he can't seem to keep food out of his mouth.

13. smelly feet

I ran a school for them once upon time ago and I don't think they move real well for masters IMHO. Their technique's are not very good or practical. If I was ever to take shaolin kempo again it would be with Pro.I in New York.

14. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Well first there's the ultra-realism with the old "Wrist grab followed by a left hook to the face" move of the first Uke. Then there's the fact that the guy continued to hang onto the wrist after being palm-heeled in the face long enough to be wrist locked. Then, of course, the fact that the first uke gets KOed by being taken to the ground via a wrist lock so that the defender doesn't have to worry about him while doing that neat-o leg sweep.

GAWD I miss SKK...er...maybe not.

15. shaolinmonkmark

shaolinmonkmark Valued Member

Was the Taylor clip supposed to be a hollywood movie scene?

Was the Taylor clip supposed to be a hollywood movie scene?
    LOL!!!
    Looked like it was choreographed repeatedly.

16. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

If it was an audition tape, I wouldn't hire him for an extra.

17. Almost A Ghost

The sad thing is that there are people that are going to see that and say "Holy ****! I'm signing up today!"

Seriously, what guy attacks another guy by grabbing his wrist. Unless... they are break dancing COMBAT! http://youtube.com/watch?v=FPn4BM-EBhk

18. Gufbal1981

Oh My Lord! I just saw that clip. Um...what were they smoking? I'm sorry...totally not even a realistic situation.

19. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Water finds its own level.

20. Gufbal1981

Maybe they are demonstrating for a lady in a club? Would go along with your break dancing combat theory...