In preparation for a 100 man kumite( any style )

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Mugen Zero, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

Was just wondering after accidentally stumbling upon an article about a certain kyokushin training, whereby the challenger will have to challenge 100 equally skilled black belts. In any style, i was wondering how would you fellow MAPpers prepare for this kind of feat. will you follow Judd Reid's training program or will you construct a whole new kind of training regime.

2. liero

liero Valued Member

I think a very solid strength and conditioning program focusing on endurance, but more specifically...you need to do a LOOOOT of sparring

3. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

Yes a solid, strength and conditioning program emphasizing cardio and endurance would be a must. With of course lots and lots of sparring!

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Got one coming up at the end of March for my 3rd Dan. My training log here on MAP is updated (somewhat) frequently if you want to see the type of prep I'm doing. I start more specific stuff next week which will involve lots of "shark tank" sessions (new opponent every minute for x minutes). Bear in mind I do a Kyokushin offshoot blended with American kickboxing/point fighting so we wear full sparring gear. Very, very kick-focused (often as much as taekwondo).

5. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

I'd focus my technique training on leg kick defense (I don't even want to think about fighting 100 people on a bum leg) and my physical training on endurance and conditioning.

And as much sparring as I can get.

6. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

Good luck Van Zandt, Give them hell :D!!