Important announcement from Grand Tuhon Gaje and Mandala Rommel Tortal

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by juramentado, Dec 16, 2010.

1. KaliPooh73

KaliPooh73 Banned Banned

read some Philippine history. there's a reason why the best combat system is in the Philippines. Filipinos have been fighting since the islands were borne. every field is a battlefield, rich in history and soaked in blood.

2. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

You know, I've actually got no problems whatsoever with PTK. My first teachers (the Patalinghug family) were trained in PTK, in addition to Doce Pares. But I've got to believe that any real PTK practitioner would be horrified at the prospect of you representing them in public.

3. Amok

Amok Valued Member

Respect. :cool:

so I take it, you fight and move like Tim Waid since you're unifrom?

4. Amok

Amok Valued Member

I don't know about that. The beaches in boracay and Cebu still have white sands .

5. KaliPooh73

KaliPooh73 Banned Banned

like I said it's not a business like yours. if you don't get it outside of a business concept, then we know how you view the world. this is not how true warriors think.

go and believe. understand and train.

6. KaliPooh73

KaliPooh73 Banned Banned

did you even know Cebu came from the word Sugbu, to burn. because marauders burned and pillaged. such is life in the Philippines. the Philippines isn't Boracay.

7. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Well this is a discussion forum and you guys train in FMA, god powered or otherwise, so I though it would be a good thing to discuss.

So do you know which systems developed during periods of war, what testing did they go through?

How did these systems adapt to the evolution of warfare?

Do we see differences due to geography, resources etc?

Do pole arms and missle weapons feature in any of these systems?

If you don't know that's fine but maybe you could attempt to answer based on your own system?

8. Amok

Amok Valued Member

Wow. I'm impressed.

Is this Tim Waid? Wow, mad skills. Respect :cool: :cool:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhISoVSxjQQ"]YouTube - Tim Waid Gabriel Martinez[/ame]

Now I'm really interested in learning PTK. One question however before I start looking for a PTK school, those shorts he's wearing is that part of their uniform? Very Reno 911 ish

9. KaliPooh73

KaliPooh73 Banned Banned

for civilians who don't know, those are UDT/Recon shorts for tactical swimming (SEALs and Recon Marines and Combat Divers wear them).

Maginoo-Mandala Tim Waid was a former US Marine infantry Sergeant, how many of you can say this?

10. tim_stl

tim_stl Valued Member

i don't have a business, so i don't know what you mean. all i want to know is how much money i need to save to take the trip. a round trip ticket to manila is about 1300, so i need to to know how much it will cost to eat, sleep, and travel while i'm there. since you've been there, i was hoping you'd be able to give me an idea.

tim

11. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Deja Vu? Anyone remember IgitDako or PTKalista?

ap, didn't you say almost the same thing on the last go round?

12. KaliPooh73

KaliPooh73 Banned Banned

PTK was used in guerilla warfare in Negros Island during WWII, Filipino-American War, Spanish American War, and earlier.

because most of the time small villages were over powered by superior forces, PTK is largely small wars/close quarters ambush type attacks.

not much, but after WWII, most styles stagnated to stick drills.

firearms came from the West.

13. Amok

Amok Valued Member

Word! Awsome. I'm just worried that the little man down there will try to say hi especially if I train with female PTK students. I heard PTK also has dumog so that could be a problem , if you know what I mean. ;)

After watching the video, I'm sold . where can I go ? I live in upstate, NY. Buffalo area. Do you know of any PTK schools?

14. ritche-stl

ritche-stl Valued Member

wow! why did i haven't made the connection between "sugbu" to burn. or you really meant "sugba"? cebu from "sugba", makes a lot of sense! thanks for the info man! cool! now i know something that my friends don't know lol..

15. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

I'm wondering if you've ever served in the Armed Forces?

If so then I take my hat off to you but if not don't you feel that you're merely riding on the coat tails of others just to try to grasp some credibility for yourself?

You're trying to legitimise yourself via others, don't you have any personal abilities or traits of your own to fall back on?

Or are you just a groupie?

16. Amok

Amok Valued Member

I'm sure he's survived the jungles of luzon. Thats enough for me. I've been to luzon and those Flame-breasted Fruit-dove that inhabit the jungle are killers. If you can get past them, you're hardcore.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  17. KaliPooh73

KaliPooh73 Banned Banned

ask about the mangrove trees and archeological evidence of burning around the city and in Mactan Island.

18. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

That's the names I was trying to remember. Yep, it's the same guy. And yeah, I probably said the same thing last go around. Which means I should probably stop. Because it clearly achieved sweet sod all the last time. :confused:

19. KaliPooh73

KaliPooh73 Banned Banned

most who have tend to keep this part of them from others. no need to relive the bloody past.

20. Janno

Janno Valued Member

To the original poster:

I'm not quite sure who this Mumbakki fellow is, but i can't seem to find any official info on his supposed dismissal on the net (apart from this post, of course). Nothing on the PTKGO site, nor any other PTK sites. In fact, the only thing i have recently heard about PTK Russia is that...

In mid September 2010 Rommel Tortal was down there teaching for a week.

In late November 2010 Doug Marcaida was instructing a seminar/course.

In early December 2010 Rommel Tortal graded several PTK Russia seniors on an instructor training course.

Now if, as you say, they had thought him to be a fraud for so long. And if, as you say, his past appearances in the media have done so much to discredit PTK, then SURELY senior figures would not have been lending him their support up until AT LEAST two weeks ago??? I'm not disputing the fact that ties have been broken - after all, i don't know what happens behind closed doors. However, without anything official (aside from this post), it could be just a smear campaign from a rival whose nose has been put out of joint.

To the nutjob (aka. Tim Waid's #1 fan):

Y'know, i happen to rate PTK really highly. The little i've had has left me thirsty for more. The only thing that totally repulses me from it is:

1. The hero worship
    2. The politics
    3. The nutters/cultists/wannabe militia/keyboard warrior types (aka. weirdos)

If it wasn't for those three things, i'd have probably gone out of my way to pursue a full education in the system long ago. As it stands though, the frequent rhetorical rantings of a random nobody always manages to make me think twice about it. Are these the kinds of people i would want to train alongside? No. Are these the kinds of people i would like to teach in the future? No. Are these the kinds of people i would want to be associated with in general? HELL NO!

Verdict: Great system, let down by some impotent fan-boys. Maybe someone should've eaten more crocodile penis for breakfast! To hell with training - come and show us what you've got! Or is this yet another PTK poster getting all militant over the internet, where, clearly, battles are fought and won these days... :rolleyes:

I mean, if you guys are as militant as you say, SURELY you'd be over there chopping this "fraud" up into little pieces right now???

Or is all the tough-guy wet-works jungle-warrior stuff just an elaborate front? ;) Go on - you can tell us, after all, you're amongst friends here...