Im thinking of taking steroids....

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Jamo2, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Now ive grabbed you with the title, im going to expand.
    Rescently (Well, actually a few months ago) I met somebody who started on the gear. He was my dap, yet did a cycle of Deca, lost a lot of fat, increased a lot of muscle and to be honest looks ten times better.

I was shocked that he didnt turn bald, that his muscles didnt go all soft and water-filled looking and that he didnt all of a sudden get bad acne and start beating up his wife.
    This said person just basically looked, like a mini action man, one cycle and hed put on about a stone worth of pure muscle and lost it in fat.

Why not, it got me thinking....One cycle wont hurt. Then ensued a good couple of months worth of researching.

It opened up a lot of doors and opened my eyes a lot. But ill be totally and utterly honest. I know more about steroids now than i ever did, and im still learning, but Theres not one thing ive read or heard in the past few months that makes me not want to take them.

So the point of this topic is....Yous lot opinion. Seeing as you all got me pretty much started on the weight thing, its only right to see what you think.

Im not here to promote steroids at all, just get educated, like us all.
    So cmon, tell me not to do it!

2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Don't do it :D

It's a short cut really and if used properly I doubt it has many long-term health effects. They cost quite a lot of money, you have to make sure you are really consistent (problem if you get injured!) and you could get the same gains over a longer period of time without them. I personally don't and wouldn't use them, but like you said, it's a personal decision.

3. nj_howard

nj_howard Valued Member

Jamo2,

Just out of curiosity... are you talking about compounds that are legal in the UK without a doctor's prescription? In other words, can anybody buy these compounds in a chemist, sport supply shop, etc?

4. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

I am keeping in the MAP TOS telling you this.

Any form of steroid almost is legal in the UK however most are not purchaseable in the UK. However you may import a 3 month supply duty free into the UK, hence why you can take roids here. The places where you get them you can find out elsewhere as on MAP we do not endorse these things.

To be honest, it is in the end your choice. I have always believed that steroids when used correctly do no harm and cause no problems and there are dozens of cases when this is true. You do have to eat heavy and work har for the steroids to work for you, but in the end you can benefit heavily.

It is, Your choice. If you have researched well and are confident you aren't taking a risk you can get yourself a months worth, slam on the muscle and maintain it naturally from there.

5. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Ummm....don't do it?

I think at your age (only one year older than me) you just need to lift heavy, eat lots and sleep lots. You've probably still got a lot of potential for natural growth. Fulfill that before you start thinking about taking steroids.

For curiosity reasons, what is your current height and weight?

6. nj_howard

nj_howard Valued Member

Hi Count,

Thanks for your reply with the info about the availability of steroids in the UK.

Cheers.

7. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

If it helps, I'm 6 years older than you and still think I'm far too young for it. That's not to say it won't be an option for me in 10 to 15 years when my own production of test is slowing and I'm hitting my natural limits of what I can do in training, but until then it's just going to feel like I'm trying to take shortcuts.

Just out of curiosity what's your training age? I can't imagine that at 20 you're reaching your genetic potential!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  8. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

lol @ the counts 'months worth'.... mate, cycles are usually 6-8 weeks long

6 for orals only like dbol
    8 weeks+ for test based cycles

if your mate did a deca only cycle his Mrs must have been ****ed due to the fact he would of been as limp as a piece of spaggeti, not even a iron beam could help him keep it up :D

steroids are safe in the hands of those who know:

* what they are doing
    * how to lay out a PCT course afterwards
    * spend as much time 'off' as 'on'

IMO this is the worse place to discuss such a subject, come along to muscletalk.co.uk and you will get a whole forum to answer your questions accruatley, no offence to MAP but on some subjects it becomes a 'my mum told me this would happen so dont do it'

9. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Jamo, I think you're too young to start a cycle of AAS.

Some things to take into consideration before even thinking about using AAS-
    How long have you been CONSISTENTLY training?
    Is my diet spot on key?
    Am I continously making gains?
    How long have I been researching what is going to happen to my body on X substance or stack?
    Have you planned PCT?

You can inject or pop all the test boosting you want but if your diet isn't where it needs to be and your training volume and intensity aren't where they need to be, you're going to see nil-to-poor results.

The other thing to consider is the psychological impact of using AAS. It's been commonly said that one cycle is all they'll do. It's funny how that 2nd and 3rd cycle comes creeping in. In other words, it can be very addicting.

p.s. Don't listen to your friend that did a deca only cycle. I'll let you to figure that one out.

10. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Very well planned answer. I can't say it better. Consider VERY carefully what you are doing before you mess things up totally.

11. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Just to clear things up, it wasnt a deca only cycle, i said it like that because it was a main component. Obviously he was also on clomid and other such stuff to cut back the side effects. Plus i think he was stacking test aswell.
    I do agree with you all. I am too young, but im never one of those people who think of things as a journey. I used to cheat in all my video games as a kid and if theres ever a shorter easier way to do stuff, ill do it.

Im not planning on starting just yet, my current routine has 6 weeks left on it, then im gonna do Bill Starrs 5x5 till that wears thin then maybe think about where i go from there. So itll be a good year before i take them.

Thecount put it the best. Do a cycle, put on some good muscle, then maintain it. It just seems logical to me that if i could put on a good years worth of muscle in 2-3 months, then why not.

12. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I wouldn't do it, personally.q

13. fighting13

fighting13 Valued Member

i don't think one time will kill you or have any real serious consequences. the problem is that alot of people who take them once and get great gains start thinking " nothing bad happened this time, so one more time for some extra muscle won't hurt" and then end up getting addicted to the roids and thats where the problems start.

personally, i wouldn't take them but if you decide to go through with it make sure you have the mental strength to stop before it gets out of hand.

14. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

My thoughts exactly. :woo:

15. zendog

zendog Valued Member

Jamo,

Please don't do steroids. The cardiovascular issues make it seriously not worth it. The idea of doing just a little bit so that you only do a little bit of damage is dumb. You're going to be an old fart a lot longer than you'll be a buff youngster. . . Or not.

16. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Personally, unless you're a professional athlete or bodybuilder, I don't think there's a lot of point.

17. spirez

spirez Valued Member

Which cardiovascular issues do you speak of? That sounds like an uneducated reply to me seeing as how so many top level athletes use them because they are shown how to use them correctly.

I agree with Knight Errant though, unless it's for professional reasons i wouldn't bother myself.

On a side note, i don't buy into the whole 'you have to work out harder, if anything' argument. Two lads i used to work with both trained exactly the same and were seeing similar gains. One started using D-bol and he gained ridiculous size and strength using the same old routine.

18. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

The cardio issue he speaks of are well documented. Increase in bloodpressure combined with (in some cases) an increase in total blood volume. Coupled with the fact on (some) steriods your cholesterol levels are mangled, makes for a semi-dangerous scenereo for HIIT or similarly intense physical doings.

and as for the "work out harder" arguement. Your friend, on dbol, ...who is to say that he wouldnt have got bigger and stronger then he did, if he worked harder? Maybe he didnt make the gains he could have.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  19. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

I recently found a section in Bud Jeffries' book "50 Power Points for Super Size, Strength & Endurance" that I'd like to share with y'all:

20. spirez

spirez Valued Member

I'm not denying that, but he would also have gotten bigger and stronger by upping his intensity without taking roids, compared to the other lad sticking at the same old routine. Swings and roundabouts

Re cardio issues, i'm not denying that they don't exist as i've heard of a few cases where people under the age of 25 have had roid related heart attacks etc. But it seems that many of these cases may have been down to excessive used based around poor advice, a lethal combination.

For example, if Sherk was supplementing with nandrolone (or any other fighter for that matter), how could he keep up such an intense level of training without having serious CV issues? I'd guess it's be down to advice from experts in the field that monitor his every move and know what they are talking about, not the local meathead posting on a forum