im new here

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by ssjoku, May 15, 2003.

1. ssjoku

ssjoku New Member

im new to this chat room.

I was wondering is there an art that teaches energy developement if so can you tell me

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Hi and welcome to MAP :D

Muay Thai
    BJJ
    Wrestling
    Boxing

--- They seem to produce energy in abundance!!!!

3. natxanadu

natxanadu Banned Banned

There is a school near me that does Ki Aikido, I spoke to someone about going to a class, they said in the class you do one hour of Ki devopment and one our of Aikido

4. slc

slc Banned Banned

It depends exactly what you mean by energy development.

If you mean energy development in terms of feeling and responding to energy then Jun Fan and Wing Chun are good. Both Jun Fan and Wing Chun will teach you Chi Sau, done correctly this is an excellent way to learn about feeling and responding to energy.

If you are talking about internal energy then you want an internal art like Tai Chi, Ba Gua or Hsing I.

Of course there are hundreds but these are a few more to get you started.

5. Spike

Spike New Member

If by energy you mean "The Force" Surely YODA would be the man to see ;)

6. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

LOL!

Yeah - I FORCE my students to produce lots of ENERGY quite often :D

7. kensai

kensai New Member

I do Ki Aikido, and my class is usually split up into an hour of Ki developement then an hour of Aikido.

It takes a lot of time and effort (like just about everyother MA), bit I'd like to think it'll be worth it.

8. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Welcome to MAP - and tonights program:)

ENJOY AND LEARN!:cool:

9. Joe karate

Joe karate New Member

Why do you want to develop this "energy"?

Not knockin you or anything, just wondering, although personally i don't beleive in internal energy, i do not think arts like tai chi/hsing i are weak AT ALL!

10. Da_King_Fish

Da_King_Fish New Member

Yes...i beleive that in akido you can prodice energy...i have seen with my own eyes, a 80 year old man hold a stick in front of him and then a black belt in karate try to push him while the old man didnt even flinch...then just for kicks the old man lifted one leg and the black belt in karate proceeded to push with extreme force..still the man didnt budge...after it was done a couple of men that were watching asked how he did it...he said that he had devoloped his ki so much it out did his strenth by about 3 times.