I'm Gay, got Cake!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Obewan, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Heard about this on the radio this morning and thought it was pretty cool, of course the first thing that came to mind was Frodo's got to hear about this, as resident cake connoisseur. :cool:

15 year old girl comes out to parents by baking them a cake. The note is cute, the DJ said the parents of course were supportive and mom and daughter had a cry fest (happy tears), anyway another positive human moment in a world full of ugliness.

[​IMG]

hehe...bet you thought I was batting for the other team with the thread title...nope still homophobic. :D

2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

She is what she is, the parents accepting her was awesome.

3. mattt

mattt Valued Member

If my child tells me they are gay with a cake that is not chocolate they can pick their bags up outside the door and not come back.

And I expect the words spelt out in rolo's

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

You should be more accepting. It has pink sprinkles after all.

5. mattt

mattt Valued Member

The 'i'm gay' prose looks like a child wrote it.

Much more professional by pressing in Rolo's to a set pattern.

I could accept sprinkles on a chocolate cake, with chocolate filling, icing and ganache, even if they were pink.

6. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

You know just because the cake doesn't conform to your world view of what a cake should be doesn't mean you should reject it.

It's statements like this that make them scared to come out their wrapper....

7. mattt

mattt Valued Member

I understand there are other types of cake, I just love chocolate cake the most, it is one of the few times you can include chocolate 6 different ways in one product.

Cake shouldn't come out of a wrapper, it should come out of the oven.

8. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Back to the kids note though.

"Good morning parents,

I'm gay......"

Fair play to her for not sugar coating it!

Ok I'll leave now....

9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Sam prefers Bueno's not Rolo's. This is why she's all uppity about it.

10. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Congratualtions on coming out of the closet, Obewan. Good for you. Oh, and your cake looks very nice.

Sorry I didn't have time to read the thread. Just read the title and skimmed the pictures.

11. marinevet63031

marinevet63031 Hapkido/Koryo Gumdo/TKD

Great ingenuity, creativity, and honesty. That was awesome and brilliant of the young lady.

12. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I am not going to lie. Great waterfalls of pee came out when I read this.*

*Actually a lie.

13. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

I believe those are "rainbow" sprinkles my friend. :cool:

:mad::cry::rolleyes::(:eek::p:cool::hat: So many emotions...

14. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

Mattt has a bit of a point here - if you love someone enough to be fussed enough about their opinion about your sexuality, then you should know/love them enough to make their ideal cake!

Matt apparently likes chocolate cake with 6 kinds of chocolate, if any of his future sprogs decided to let them know about their homosexuality, they should know well enough to make a chocolate cake with 6 kinds of chocolate!

FYI I like fruit cake the most!

15. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Exactly. Anything less than Chocky and I would think they were just trying to irk me.

16. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

in fact if they put the wrong kinda cake in front of me I'd assume they were just having a laugh with me =p

17. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

That's great! Beats how I told my mother, she was driving at the time and I thought she was gonna crash!