I'm exhausted after easy weights but

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by rivend, Jul 12, 2012.

1. rivend

rivend Valued Member

But after aerobic type activities I feel great, walking long distances,or bicycling I feel fine,but when I use weights a few hours later I am really tired and actually feel slightly ill.

2. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Sounds like you need to work on your anaerobic fitness.

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

...higher intensity workouts use more energy than low intensity workouts.

4. rivend

rivend Valued Member

I tried and feel horrible I am telling the truth about myself in this thread,plus I can't lift heavy weights anyway, a heavy dumbbell for me would be anything over ten pounds.
    To do a particular exercise correctly.

That's the reason I came back here was to ask this because so many here do that type of conditioning and understand weights.

5. rivend

rivend Valued Member

Plus I remember a reply slip gave me about the skeletal system once and how to strengthen it,which did me good.

6. Allers

Allers tricking, kicking

Perhaps you aren't eating enough, when I used to eat a lot less, I would feel very tired and sick after a taekwondo session. Maybe you just don't have the energy to do such a high intensity workout? What's your nutrition like?

7. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Could up iron and protein intake. Make sure the right vitamins are going in etc. But it could also be a question of regime etc.

8. rivend

rivend Valued Member

Not much junk food at all,hardly any red meat,I eat more of a vegetable based type diet,and fried fish or chicken,not much fruit either.

I was prescribed a multiple vitamin but I may have some intolerance to a substance in them possibly the B complex

9. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

Sounds interesting! Do you by any chance have a link of that reply?

10. rivend

rivend Valued Member

It has been a long time,but I will try to find it for you

11. rivend

rivend Valued Member

12. liero

liero Valued Member

Diets not just what you eat but HOW MUCH.

Define both types of workouts? Maybe your walks etc are just much less intense than your weights work outs?

Maybe your weights sessions are to heavy for your skill/conditioning level.

More info needed.

13. rivend

rivend Valued Member

OK I walk between 5k and 10k for exercise, I recover fast.
    In miles that's about to 6.5. miles, or bike between 10k and 20k easy pace I feel great.

Doing weights even a small amount say just 30 minutes with a dumbbell,my energy level drops dramatically within hours, and body fatigue and wanting to sleep kicks in.

I can't do heavy weight for reasons I won't get into.

Basically I just was wondering why this extreme fatigue kicks in with easy light weight workout,but walking or biking has the reverse effect on me.

My diet is really not a issue I don't think because I don't train per se just try to keep in reasonable shape.

I have been to several dieticians and meetings regarding several of my health issues,which are not serious, but I rather not go into.

I eat pretty much correctly and drink a lot of water,just freaks me out about the fact weights hate me

14. Allers

Allers tricking, kicking

Saying that you eat pretty much correctly just isn't very helpful. Most foods say you need 2000 calories a day, but this is for the average 25 year old woman or something (basically, not very accurate). Even if you think you are eating enough, you may not be.
    With my level of exercise, age, weight etc I need a minimum of 2813 calories a day - and this is just how many I need to survive, to avoid fatigue I eat more than this.

Find out how much you should be eating on a calculator, I found this one in 10 seconds on google: http://www.kriskris.com/how-many-calories-should-i-eat-a-day/

And stick to that, if you are eating less, you are not eating nearly enough.

15. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

Sounds like you're having some trouble with your blood sugar my friend. After you lift, do you do anything to replenish your body? Lifting really burns through the bodies energy stores and if you dont replenish, the blood sugar plummets.

Walking, even briskly, for 5K wont burn through the energy stores that lifting for 30 minutes will. My advice, prior to lifting have something with some carbs in it, like a small serving of fruits and veggies (since you say thats largely what you eat), and then within 45 minutes after your completion of lifting have something like a glass of milk (a protein powder would be better), to help put back whats been burned off. I bet you 100 wicked cool points it helps.

16. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

As most pointed out it probably has to do more with your diet than anything else. I used to be able to lift for hours on (and have done so and only stopped when my body couldn't do it anymore), but I used to eat A LOT. Since my dad is a nutrition-fanatic I grew up eating healthy, well-balanced meals.

I found this website to be very helpful in choosing a well-balanced, healthy meal. It tells you the calorie intake that you need per day, and how much of each type of certain foods you need to eat. It's not 100% perfect, but it's good.

http://www.choosemyplate.gov/myplate/index.aspx