I'm back!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by GoldShifter, Apr 27, 2019.

1. GoldShifter

GoldShifter The MachineGun Roundhouse

Hey guys, I kind of fell off for a little bit when I was in school but I graduated and now I'm looking to come back and be fairly active.

Guess I gotta give some life updates right? Tested and passed my 3rd Degree test in Kajukenbo around 2016. While in college, I declared athletic training as a major, finished my program, took my boards, etc. Now I'm a certified athletic trainer, I prefer to cover rugby and high school sports rather than university and pro level teams. For those outside the US, think physios when a player gets injured on the field, they're the first on the scene, for our Canadian friends, it's the equivalent of athletic therapist.

I'll be moving to Texas for grad school this summer so I'll be in the West Texas area and probably going to search for a dojo/gym to train in if I have the time. I'll be employed as an athletic trainer at the university and they'll help me with my tuition, and give me a stipend in exchange for relatively cheaper labor ;) May not be able to train full time, given the schedule athletic trainers usually have but I can always dream right?

It's nice to be back

Mitch and Pretty In Pink like this.
  2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Glad to have you back here! Congrats on the graduation and job!

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome back.

4. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Congratulations and welcome back to MAP :)

5. GoldShifter

GoldShifter The MachineGun Roundhouse

Oh before I forget, as an athletic trainer, I usually cover IBJJF tournaments in the Northern California area and Jiu Jitsu World League tournaments as well. If anybody ever travels and is in the Northern CA area for a tournament, feel free to swing by the medical station and say hi.