I'm baaaack...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Davey Bones, May 21, 2008.

1. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

got an email, apparently some of you jokers actually missed me whilst I was gone :p

After my little, uhm, spat with Legless Marine, I just kinda drifted away. *shrug* Then I got sick. Really sick. As in "I can't bloody move I am in so much pain I want morphine and I want it NOW" sick.

Turned out I got bitten by a tick and just finished a 30 day cycle of doxycycline for Lyme Disease. Oh what bloody fun. NOT. On the plus side, should make a full recovery. On the down side, Lyme-induced arthritis is painful, sucks, and I had to withdraw from two tournaments, including NAGA Worlds. It's kinda hard to roll when you can't move.

Put on a bit of weight, but not too much, am back in the gym and back on the mat. Just taking it all day-by-day. As for posting, I'll probably just confine myself to the BJJ forum, so shoot me a PM if you don't see me around anywhere except there and wanna chat or sumpin'.

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

3. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

Domino! Welcome back!! Sorry to hear about the Lyme Disease, but good that you'll make a full recovery. Good to see you back.

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Welcome back dude... sorry to hear about the Lymes disease... gnarly to say the least. Wow. Good to see you're on the mend though. One day at a time bro.

As for Legless wonder... not to worry... he went and got himself perma banned. :D

5. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

I know ;)

But that's why I'm gonna just stick with the BJJ forum for now. Know most of the folks over there and it keeps me out of politics, religion, and all the other stuff I was taught never to talk about when I was a bartender :p

Plus, the Human Pets application on facebook is very addictive and has been eating up a lot of my time :p

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Nice to see you back but how the heck did you get bitten by a tick?

Should I not ask?

Hope you're feeling better now, I hear it's really nasty.

Mitch

7. carlos

carlos MAP Hoo Flung Dung Expert Supporter

Welcome back, bummer about the illness, er, un-bummer :confused: about the getting back into it!

2 wrongs don't make a right :p:yeleyes:

8. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

.............No, it'll keep:eek: Thank God for puncuation

9. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Even we lurkers missed you, Domino. Wishin' you a full recovery and return to the things you enjoy.

paz,

dormindo

10. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

We, meaning my doctors and I, have abso-frickin-lutely NO idea where I might have picked up a tick as I am so NOT an outdoors person. Just one of those things; if my family physician hadn't ordered the kitchen sink worth of tests, we never would have known as I didn't have the bullseye rash commonly associated with Lyme. But when I was begging to be admitted to the hospital, he ordered everything we could think of. So we caught it quick. Now it's anywhere from another month to maybe a year to recover.

11. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Good luck with your recovery. Cheers....

I hope you reconsider only posting on BJJ.

12. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

The only ticks you want now are those affirmative responses as above about your return..

Welcome back buddy and stay live on all of MAP

regards

Smurf

13. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Welcome back.

I am glad to hear that you caught it before it went on too long. Lyme disease is for to suck.

Take care of yourself.

14. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

Welcome Back To MAP and the world of non LYmness:p

15. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

You went away? Hadn't noticed! :D

Oooooooooooooooooooonly joking! Good to see you back and sorry to hear about you being ill, hope you are getting better :)

16. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Welcome back mate - missed your witty scathing comments :D

17. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Welcome back bro... Now... Who are you again..? :confused: :D

18. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Welcome back Domino! Sorry to hear about the Lyme disease. I have a friend on another forum who has been dealing w/ the disease for almost 20 years. Nasty, nasty disease. Be smart! Follow the doctors advice. Really glad to have you back D! I have missed our witty exchanges. Good health and wishing you a speedy recovery!

19. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Oh, wait like the ones which got me banned? :p

/end discussion on that one :p

20. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

hehehe - the very ones. Just because I ban you for em because they break the rules doesnt mean I dont like em on a more personal level :D