ignorance

Discussion in 'MMA' started by faster than you, Aug 8, 2006.

1. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

standard english please!

2. CinMike

CinMike Valued Member

No offense but Jesus christ, if you were the guy doing all the kicks, then you need to train a lot harder and fight smarter. Your turning kicks were sloppy and lacked power, not to mention the fact at one time you did 3 turning kicks in a row with the same foot (which is not a good combination if you have the fastest legs in the world.)

Common, it's basic Muay Thai/kickboxing. If you do a right turning/roundhouse kick (to body or legs), follow it up with a straight left -> right hook combination. You can't get any simpler then that. Never do 3 roundhouse kicks in a row like you did, especially with how weak they were.

The ground fighting was also weak. I saw a few sweeps that would have never worked on even a relative newbie to BJJ.

Sorry for being harsh, but it's the truth.

3. Rapid

Rapid Valued Member

Sounds like a pretty accurate prediction if we did fight, youve done more training then me on the whole, itd probably be 1 of those straight up striker vs grappler fights, i have done some clinch training before very little to be honest, a little bit in taekwon do, and some boxing clinch work (although this is ultimatly ineffective in mma), cool that were the same age and same weight for comparison, but anyway if i could prevent being taken down then i would probably win, but you would most likely destroy me on the ground, only 1 way to find out i spose, hey maybe well be fighting each other for the UFC welterweight belt in 10 years time............... i wish

4. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

no offense taken. i looked horrible then i know. i had very little experience at the time and was not ready to fight

5. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

this is the dumbest thread on MAP right now. i still can't figure out what the point was. "attention everyone: i was not a very good fighter when i first started. thank you."

:confused:

6. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I thought the most interesting thing was that the fight was against ninjutsu guys . . . . and their instructor is actually recognized by Masaaki Hatsumi (if you beleive his website).

Regarding the video:

Do you really only have one hand?

7. UGFighter

UGFighter Valued Member

I'm calling ********.

The mindset needed to make that sort of progress doesn't lend itself to needing to come on the Internet and say who you've tapped in training.