ignorance

Discussion in 'MMA' started by faster than you, Aug 8, 2006.

1. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

i'm the guy with the crazy hair. at this time in my training i had 4 months of jkd with absolutely no ground game. my standup consisted of 2 years of noncontact tkd. my opponent had been training in grappling for 2 years.

i'm ok at bjj now (subed purples, browns, and one black). my standup is at least as good as my bjj now. many people ask me to fight again, but my wife won't allow it. besides the pay is horrible.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=AZuxzcGrFTI&mode=related&search=

i see nothing, but missed triangles and armbars now.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  2. KSprenk

KSprenk be

were you the guy who threw the kick when shaking hands?

3. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

well i'd imagine one factor is that hes got one a pair of MMA gloves and you're wearing 1 boxing glove and 1 wrapped hand (why :confused: )

you looked to have him equal in the stand up.

4. firecoins

firecoins Armchair General

I am ignoring this thread.

5. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

The boxing gloved arm, doesn't have a hand on it. It's just a glove attached to the end of his arm. (I was wondering too, until, they called them up again to shake.)

6. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Yeah . . . I thought that was pretty pathetic. I also thought the fight was pretty darn pathetic. Everything from the standup to the ground game on both fighters. There was just so much that both people were not doing that would have made the fight go in either fighters direction. The kick when they were shaking hands was a show of very poor sportsmanship though.

7. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

ROTFLMAO!!!

What was that?!!
    The whole kick while you were still shaking the guys hand was LAME!!!!

It doesn't look as if either person in the vid has done much if any ground work. Neither attempted to really gain a dominant position to any effect. The takedowns look like they were accidental at best. And the standup leaves a whole lot to be desired.

You guys look young... take advantage of your time to learn good technique... I've seen more impressive fights from 5th graders who post to YouTube.com :D

Not sure where you're training at... but there is NO WAY you've subbed purples and blacks with that ground tech. NO FRICKEN WAY! :eek: :eek:

That being said... you do get props for posting a vid of yourself. ;)

8. faster than you

yeah i know i sucked then. didn't you guys read the first post? that's why the title is 'ignorance'. i had never taken one bjj class till that point.
    i'll reiterate i had been training in noncontact tkd for 2 years and jkd for 4 months.
    a few months after the fight (which was in mid 2003) i began bjj. in standup i'm a low kick, hands/leg combo guy. fav punch is a the liver hook.
    the fight was my 'wong jak man' moment.

9. LiaoRouxin

LiaoRouxin Valued Member

Wait, you started BJJ in 2003 and you're subbing black belts? You're a goddamned prodigy. Seriously, I've only heard of three people who could do that after three years: Mike Fowler, BJ Penn, and Rhadi Ferguson.

A few purple belts, I can understand a bit more if you're a decent blue belt. Browns, I doubt. and a black... are you sure he was a BJJ black belt? Not like Choi's School for Kuk Sool Hugging?

10. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Maybe he subbed him while shaking hands?

11. faster than you

i submitted one blackbelt (my instructor) one time with a triangle and have come close to submitting him on other occasions. he is under carlos machado so he is legitimate.
    i would say that i'm pretty good for a blue belt.

12. Rapid

Rapid Valued Member

First is first nice one for actually postin a video its great to see how other people are doin in there trainin, but the title did pretty much some up the video, the majority of taekwon do is useless on mma, i did taekwon do for a year and a half and alot of the kicks are next to useless in mma, i would definatly say tone down the amount of kicks, and mix them up a bit dont just keep throwing left leg body and head kicks all the time, and try and kick with your shin or instep not your foot, as i said i did taekwon do for a year and a half and have been boxing training for about a year and have had quite a few ameateur boxing fights and a few ameautuer kickboxing fights, i think i could beat you standing up quite easily and i do not regard myself in any way as an experienced or particularly talented fighter, but youd probably woop me on the ground as ive done no ground work, im only comparing myself to you as you look about my age and weight (maybe a bit younger) and i like comparing myself to other young wana be fighters, im 17 and weigh 11 1/2 stone, how old r u by the way and how much did you get paid for that fight

13. s7il7s

s7il7s New Member

Compare yourself to me then, i'm 17 and 11 1/2 stone aswell lol.

Done jujutsu for 3 years, incorporating all manner of striking, clinching and groundwork together, 1 year of tkd which i stopped basically for the same reasons you put up, i've been doing Judo for about 5 months and done a few sessions of British Free Fighting, which seems like THE best training imho. I've done quite a number submission fighting competitions and a few jujutsu kumite (semi contact + full sub fighting together) tournaments.

You're most probably a better puncher than me, but i've done ruck loads of work on clinching, knees, elbows, chokes, locks and the like. So my guess would be if you could beat me if you could keep me in punching range or clobber me if i tried to close the gap, you could probably win. But i'd probably win if we clinched and/or went to the floor.

14. kickgirl

kickgirl New Member

These two just look like they don't have much experience yet in an actual ring/fight setting to me.

15. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

That handshake kick was a brutally desparate looking move. I will give you credit for admitting that it was you, however. :p

So... uh... what was the deal with the gloves, anyway? Was the whole "tied on glove" thing just to look cool? If so, it was t3h cr4app0rz.

16. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

what i'm wondering is why you're posting a video that is (supposedly) not representative of your current skill level. it would have been a little more relevant if you had posted how old the video is, but you didn't even do that. what exactly are you looking for?

17. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

What is the purpose to this thread, anyway? There was no question asked in the original post; nor was it made clear that the video was up for criticism, especially since it was declared to be an old video that does not clearly represent the OP's current skill level.

To quote Kenshin: "Oro?" :confused:

18. faster than you

actually, i mentioned in a follow up post that the video is a little over 3 years ago. the purpose of the video is to show my ignorance in real fighting at the time, hence the title.

19. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

uh, ok...why?

20. jamie1976

jamie1976 Valued Member

lol ive had better fights with me missus! the kicks wernt that good more slap than pain and the punching wasnt anything to write home about. its not the technique of ur fighting that looks shabby its the way ur fighting i hope uv lernt to channle ur frustration and anger properly id take your wifes advise. :woo:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006